You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, she's not seen them in years, she had to have heard her favorite brother is in charge of Winterfell, needs help, she's a master assassin, with a fresh batch of faces, maybe she could help them out, put a plan together, and with her amazing travel abilities she could have done it before lunch.

Was Arya the girl Jamie was eyeing at the dinner?

Great catch!

Yes it was, whether it was actually the girl giving Jaime the eye and Arya killed her later or it was Arya all along wasn't clear.

Great finale though, better than ep 9 I think. Loved the Kings Landing opening, really built up well, shame Marjery's gone though. I could be picky and wonder why the kid would lead Lancell straight to the dungeon, surely you'd want him anywhere but there, he nearly blew out the candles and foiled the whole plan?

Killing Pycelle seemed a bit like fulfilling a death quota more than anything, although his character had been relegated to virtually nothing in recent seasons.

The Varys quick travel was funny, in their defence that final scene didn't have to have been immediately following the last, it could have been 4 weeks later it wasn't specified, although I think they were just being lazy. BTW are they now hinting Tyrion is falling for Dany as well?

Jaime seems to be falling out of love with Cersei, he seemed tempted by the waitress and looked disgusted at Cersei when he returned to Kings Landing. Out of interest who has the authority to crown Cersei? Does she have a claim to the throne or did she take it because there was nobody left to stop her?

I expect Dany to take Kings Landing and the whole south with the help of Dorne and the Tyrells. Then she'll meet resistance by the North and the Vale which she will pacify by marrying Jon. Until Bran ruins it by telling everyone they're Auntie and Nephew. I'm expecting a scene at some point where a Dragon is about to eat Jon then doesn't at the last minute because it knows he's a Targaeryan. I'm undecided again where the walkers come in, will they be the final battle or a precusor to Jon v Dany?

All in all though it's setting up well, got the feeling for the first time in this episode that the show is reaching the home stretch.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Um.. Did you guys even watch the fuckin show?!

Only watch for tits and dragons, it makes more sense that way.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It wasn't bad, but another case of good story, bad execution I thought. While not exactly a "fine" writer, these show makers don't deserve Martin. It did feel more like a rushed best of episode than a proper finale.

Now that the table is finally set for the showdown we've been told about since S01E01, perhaps we can get better pacing next/last season. No reason to drag anything out anymore. I am disappointed LF's first misstep is a sign that he will meet an ignoble end. LF ending up on the Iron Throne after destroying everybody else by pitting them against each other, then getting killed by the Walkers shortly after is my fantasy ending.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Um.. Did you guys even watch the fuckin show?!

Only watch for tits and dragons, it makes more sense that way.

+ zombies.
Best show.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The Sansa love on the internet is kind of grating. The "thing" seems to be she saved Jon's ass and now he's getting the credit, which justifies her potential heel turn. She basically allowed thousands of men to be slaughtered and nearly killed Jon by keeping the Vale support secret. LF offered help at their secret meeting, she said no and didn't tell Jon. She yelled at Jon for not asking her opinion at the war counsel, and when he did, she yelled at him because she didn't know about battles... And didn't tell him about asking for help from the Vale. They could have waited an afternoon. Ehhh.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

The Sansa love on the internet is kind of grating. The "thing" seems to be she saved Jon's ass and now he's getting the credit, which justifies her potential heel turn. She basically allowed thousands of men to be slaughtered and nearly killed Jon by keeping the Vale support secret. LF offered help at their secret meeting, she said no and didn't tell Jon. She yelled at Jon for not asking her opinion at the war counsel, and when he did, she yelled at him because she didn't know about battles... And didn't tell him about asking for help from the Vale. They could have waited an afternoon. Ehhh.

I have been arguing with people that claim Snow was too stupid to know about the troops and because of her they won and it was her brilliance to keep it secret because though Snow is brave he isn't very smart. When I call Sansa lucky they get pissed off... Haha

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

She's playing the game, & playing it well. She's "fully actualised". TJwq7Ay.jpg
Love her now. Team LF + Sansa ftw. Hope they outmanoeuvred those sick, incestuous targaryen's. LF & Sansa are the fuckin good guys! They represent civilised society ffs.

johndivney wrote:

What do HBO show in GoT's slot now? Gonna miss my GoT fix tomorrow.. Got an hour of my life to waste wondering what to do with it..

Edit: some awful looking shite called blackhat with that twat who used to be in home & away. Michael Mann directing/producing but that can't convince me to try it after seeing Thor is in it. No thanks.
Think I've seen polluxlm n axlin talk about it on here. Fuck it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I've been watching preacher on AMC...it's pretty fun...almost Tarantino-esque with vampires and supernatural mind control stuff...based of a comic book series from the 90s

Outlast is some possession horror show by twd writer on hbo right now...I've been meaning to check that out

The night manager just finished on hbo...6 or so episodes with Tim Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie...that was REALLY good

johndivney wrote:

Aye Preacher seems to be the one everybody is doing. Unbeknownst to me I used to live round the corner from the guy who wrote the comic. Apparently his parents still live there even tho he's super rich now. Only found that out a couple of weeks ago.
I tried the pilot when it aired but just didn't have the energy to commit to a new show. The opening scene was fun. I'll prob do it.

Did the first episode of the night manager when it aired over here but there was just too many rich English people in it for me! A friend of mine enjoyed it but there was no way I was getting past Tom Hiddleston & Hugh Laurie.. Normally I love those Le Carre soy thrillers so I was disappointed it didn't click.

Board footer