You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: A.X.L.

AtariLegend wrote:

A.X.L. (1976-1979)

Vocals Bill Bailey 
Lead Paul Tobias
Rhythm Mike Hammernik
Bass Dave Lank
Drums Jeffrey Isabelle

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/stats.htm

This is the line-up that supposedly produced several demos for "Shawdow Of Your Love", "Anything Goes", "Reckless Life", ect...

Izzy on Drums...?

Paul Huge was there at that this early stage, it says something about his intriquing involvement through the years...

...And who are these other guys...?

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

Where does it say Izzy on drums?

AtariLegend wrote:
Robman wrote:

Where does it say Izzy on drums?

What is Izzy's real name... ? 16

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

1976 - 1979?

Impossible.

Axl was still in Lafayette at that time. He didn't get to Hollywood until '81-'82.

Rose/Hollywood Rose was responsible for all of those songs.

I'm still waiting on those Rapidfire demos to be released...

AtariLegend wrote:

^ Given that Izzy, Paul and Axl were childhood friends...

I know nothing of the others.

It isn't exactly implausible that this was one of their earlier bands.... (if true).

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

Yeah, i remember Axl talking about the band in an interview. One of his friends called and asked how it should be spelled he said "A-X-L" and then hung up.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I guess it's the high school version of the band he was in. Then, in 1983 he moved to LA & formed the new version of the band (w/Tracii Guns & Chris Weber). I suppose fans back then called them Nu-A.X.L (j/k)

Robman wrote:

Yeah, i remember Axl talking about the band in an interview. One of his friends called and asked how it should be spelled he said "A-X-L" and then hung up.

Yep, I have the video, it's an MTV Rockumentary and anyone that may want to see that here it is smile

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HHD0G7CI

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

1976 - 1979?
Rose/Hollywood Rose was responsible for all of those songs.

It's actually known that Paul did help write many of those early songs, also check your UYI liner notes for who wrote Back Off Bitch wink

AtariLegend wrote:

Izzy on Drums...?

Paul Huge was there at that this early stage, it says something about his intriquing involvement through the years...

Izzy played drums in a band called 'The Atoms' also
just like Steven Adler playing guitar, they realized it wasn't going anywhere so they made a change, kind of funny they pretty much changed possitions and without knowing would lead to them coming together in GNR.

Also, Paul Huge, Izzy, and Axl were childhood friends wink
very possible for them to form an early band while they were all in Indiana

These demos would have been recorded with Axl using his choir voice, it wasn't until Axl was in Hollywood with Izzy that he changed his voice to what we know now. I won't tell the story due to it being in the Reckless Road book and don't want to spoil it for those who plan on reading it.

This is def cool to hear, although it does seem impossible to some, it's actually quite the opposite and it very possible, however unlikely it may be.

dragster
 Rep: 2 

dragster wrote:

Very interesting reads here fellas!! smile

Rob

Board footer