You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

Re: 14/7/16 LINCOLN FINANCIAL FIELD, PHILADELPHIA, PA UNITED STATES

sandman wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Sandman is right but atari does have a point.....when someone looks at a map of the US, the major east coast cities are fairly close to one another. Packed in like sardines in comparison to major cities on the west coast which are spread out.

Hope you have a blast at the show.  mrsaxlrose is going but she hasn't posted in awhile. Acquiesce is in Philly(unless she moved recently) but don't know if she's going.

Some people just aren't interested in forum meet ups....not just because of potential shyness on their part but because everyone knows there are some loons on these forums. 16

I hear what you are saying. probably some truth to that, especially for a stadium show. gnr/metallica skipped Philly back in the day. but typically, major acts play NY, Philly, and DC and there is no concern with it being too close. each market is so big.

but I'm sure anyone involved would have been thrilled with the thought of approximately 48,000 in Philly. you always want a sell-out, but 2K less ain't bad.

I just packed the coolers and am leaving soon to head down. 95 and humid. it's insane.

someone on this board pointed out how great the philly crowd was back in '91. the band has an interesting history with philly too:
- Axl got harassed by some cops (he mentioned on stage)
- Duff mentioned Philly in his book....something about hitchhiking to a very unsafe area to buy drugs in '91.
- and then of course the no-show/riot. and the subsequent EF show where he apologized in 2012.

I hope the crowd brings it tonight! I'm in the RIGHT PIT with 20 people total. probably be hanging near the back.

everyone enjoy!!!!

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I'm on my way down now.   Probably won't take videos, but with my seats, I plan to have some badass pics.  PA Snow, I assume you're going?   I'd ask others, but he's the only one I know to be in PA.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Some people just aren't interested in forum meet ups....not just because of potential shyness on their part but because everyone knows there are some loons on these forums. 16

Gotcha. Wasn't sure of the etiquette.

Yeah Tommie I'm going.  Prolly won't get there till closer to 7ish.   I'm sortof just with friends of friends. Not sure what/if any tailgating we're doing.

Looking forward to it, hard to believe its here.  Randall Flagg I didn't know you lived in this area for a bit, haven't heard from you for nearly a decade haha.  How u been?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I've met some peeps from forums and it was fun. But other times I was with the Missus and we just wanted to do our own thing/party. Same if we go into a different city that may have people we know.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by drive back and forth. A hotel that isn't infested with bed bugs runs at least $125 a night, even more in the major cities.  So if you don't live close to the city you're visiting, that's on you if you'd want to pay for a hotel versus driving.

For us the drinking laws are so strict and the distances sometimes so great that you either stay over or take train/buss home if it's out of town. Mostly it's because of drinking, since anything going out of the house for usually entails a little bit of that.

In the US the highway system is so huge and the distances small (on the east coast), I figured most people drive where they go since you can still have a few beers and do it. I also hear some Americans say 2 hours is a "small drive", where for us that's major.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

No Adler at this show fellas

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:

They played Sorry!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

They played Sorry!

I missed it but people that saw it seemed to enjoy it for the most part. Did you see it?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck Slash wrote such amazing solos on the old shit. Coma alone is better than most guitarists ever record.

Board footer