You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Slash playing more than just a Les Paul

Neemo wrote:

I havent watched alot of youtube clips this year...but I've noticed that Slash has played a few other guitars on this tour like a B.C. Rich Mockingbird and a Gibson Firebird

Any thoughts or opinions on this? Is this new to the gnr reunion? Or had this type of thing happened on recent solo tours with the conspirators as well?

He's been so long synonymous with the Les Paul that it looks kinda odd to see him jamming on a different style of guitar...

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I havent watched alot of youtube clips this year...but I've noticed that Slash has played a few other guitars on this tour like a B.C. Rich Mockingbird and a Gibson Firebird

Any thoughts or opinions on this? Is this new to the gnr reunion? Or had this type of thing happened on recent solo tours with the conspirators as well?

He's been so long synonymous with the Les Paul that it looks kinda odd to see him jamming on a different style of guitar...

Pretty sure Slash has always used a Mockingbird for YCBM at least.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea the mockingbird doesn't surprise me so much as he had an unofficial signature model from bc rich for quite a while called the Mockingbird SL...or the Korean version, the Mockingbird ST

Seeing the Firebird was a bit of a shocker tho

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

He mixed it up in VR. I remember being a bit sad seeing him in his red guitar, as if time had moved on. (Spoiler alert: It had lol)

I agree tho he does seem to be doing it alot more, and with a larger variety of guitars too.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Yeah...It's cool that Slash is using different guitars. I was watching a video on youtube with my wife and told her "It's really strange to see Slash not playing a Les Paul..." 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The worst is seeing Slash with a Strat

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The worst is seeing Slash with a Strat

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11