You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Should I bring up all of the presentations I've made (and been asked to make) at various universities and organizations regarding the job market, how to find a job, how to present a resume, etc?  Do you need a list?  At what point will you just accept that I know what I am talking about? 

You support Hillary based on her supposed "qualifications" yet question mine.  Insane.  Safe to say I am more qualified to do my job than she is to be president.  I'll stand by that as a fact as well...at worst we're equally qualified if you think I somehow exaggerated my qualifications.

I'm still waiting for you to explain to us how the entire country is currently in a real estate bubble Mr. "Expert."

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump is having a great week. This shit will tighten up. I don't care about the polls right now. Come October we will know. But he is bouncing back. I like his female campaign manager and left alone with her I would make love to her.

What evidence do you have that he's bouncing back? The GOP is in full freak out mode right now. Nobody with numbers like this has ever turned it around so late in the game. Just sayin'...

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Insider accounts are floating around that Trump is going to announce his new plan to allow illegal immigrants to obtain citizenship. Surely he isn't going to back off one of his main points: Building a wall and purging America of illegals. Is he?

Any attempt to appear more humane and appeal to a broader voter demographic (too late anyway) would surely implode his base.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I suspect those insider accounts are as accurate as those claiming he's about to drop out.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Cramer wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Should I bring up all of the presentations I've made (and been asked to make) at various universities and organizations regarding the job market, how to find a job, how to present a resume, etc?  Do you need a list?  At what point will you just accept that I know what I am talking about? 

You support Hillary based on her supposed "qualifications" yet question mine.  Insane.  Safe to say I am more qualified to do my job than she is to be president.  I'll stand by that as a fact as well...at worst we're equally qualified if you think I somehow exaggerated my qualifications.

I'm still waiting for you to explain to us how the entire country is currently in a real estate bubble Mr. "Expert."

Holy shit. Get out of the house every once in a while. Or go to realtor.com and look at list prices vs what they sold for in the past. Do something for yourself for a change instead of being lazy.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2 … t-Over-Yet

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2016/06/ … -9-charts/

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ … 2453f.html

There's a couple for you.  One opinion, one apparently fact, one more specific about certain markets.  Doesn't even scrape the surface of how some markets are doing, but certainly paints the recovery in simple terms anyone can understand.  Is it as ridiculous as it was in the housing bubble?  No, but I never said it was.  This is what I said:

Housing prices are inflated. It's a mirage. Same as it was before. Eventually the bubble bursts.

and

Housing prices overall are back to increasing at crazy levels as they did before the bubble burst.

I never said every single market was inflated.  Every market is unique.  I then gave 2 examples of my experiences in different markets.  Housing prices are rising sharply again as they did before the bubble.  Eventually I will find the chart I was looking at so you can see that too since that seems to be the only way you'll believe anything.   

Here's the good news though...housing price increases are more in line with inflation than they were when the bubble really hit.  Doesn't mean it will stay that way, but for now at least that part of the increase is inline.  Gives some hope the bursting won't be as bad (or at least isn't going to happen soon).

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't see a bubble because I still see very low inventory of homes available for sale.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't see a bubble because I still see very low inventory of homes available for sale.

Houses in nice shape are literally lasting days on the market here getting multiple offers and driving the prices up.  The only houses lasting are in bad shape.  Granted that's one market that is growing like mad, but that is why the inventory is so low...it's not that there aren't homes for sale, but they are getting snatched up right away.  Great if you're selling a house; not so good if you're buying.

The chart shows a sharp increase in housing prices.  I'll post it if/when I find it.  It's very similar to the time when the housing bubble happened, then burst.  Maybe prices went down too far and they are just recovering...hard to say, but the prices are increasing at a very fast pace right now.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I will admit. It is still shaky. Makes me nervous because I build houses.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

House in my 'hood have been going super quickly and for higher than I would expect. No new construction, though, just existing houses. Our area is pretty much built out.

Board footer