You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

I leveled a $260,000 home and next week I am closing the home I built in its place for $850,000...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I leveled a $260,000 home and next week I am closing the home I built in its place for $850,000...

Damn .....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn .....

The house that was there was really about a $100,000 house. But it's "location" pushed it to $260,000 before it went to market. Had it gone to market it would have been $300,000. So then I built a really nice home on it, but that damn lot cost is what drove up the price so much. The house I built never went to market either. That is a bubble/hot spot and is not reality in most of America. It isn't typical and that shit won't last forever.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

They lies they tell.

Hillary (mostly true/half-true) vs Donald (mostly false).

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I never said every single market was inflated.  Every market is unique.  I then gave 2 examples of my experiences in different markets.  Housing prices are rising sharply again as they did before the bubble.  Eventually I will find the chart I was looking at so you can see that too since that seems to be the only way you'll believe anything.

Pure semantics. You claimed housing values were overvalued and would deflate. Then referenced the prior RE bubble. I said all real estate is local and asked for proof of your claims. You then point to local markets...just what I said.

Sometimes it's best to quit trying to be right about everything...

buzzsaw wrote:

The chart shows a sharp increase in housing prices.  I'll post it if/when I find it.  It's very similar to the time when the housing bubble happened, then burst.  Maybe prices went down too far and they are just recovering...hard to say, but the prices are increasing at a very fast pace right now.

In many markets prices went well below their floor. In Florida you could buy a nice 1/1 condo for 25-30k in 2009-2010. Nobody would believe it if they weren't there, but it was certainly true. Prices from 2010-2015 would show an absolute spike because the starting point was so ridiculously low. Other markets like San Fran, Miami etc are outrageously overpriced IMO, but that still remains to be seen since we have foreign buyers, hedge funds (not so much anymore) and cash buyers continuing to buy up.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

New poll has Hillary +6 in Ohio.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I suspect those insider accounts are as accurate as those claiming he's about to drop out.

The Washington Post is reporting it.

It sure sounds like Donald Trump is considering his biggest flip-flop yet:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the … -flop-yet/

Donald Trump launched his campaign on a promise to be very, very tough on illegal immigration — and immigrants. He called Mexican immigrants "rapists" and "criminals." He would later promise to deport every single one of them — even approvingly referencing a controversial 1950s mass-deportation program known as "Operation Wetback." He has in recent weeks prominently featured victims of crimes perpetrated by illegal immigrants.

But according to reports and the suggestions of his top advisers on Sunday, it sounds as if he's considering seriously changing his tune — in what would amount to a stunning flip-flop.

Late Saturday, BuzzFeed and Univision reported that Trump backed away from that rhetoric at a meeting with a group of newly announced Hispanic advisers, appearing open to a plan to deal with the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants that is not deportation.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Of course, his flip-flopping will be defended as brilliant politics.

When really it is one of the main things wrong with Trump, and I probably said this 170 pages ago. He has no real beliefs or positions. He just says what comes to mind and whatever will benefit him at the time. People voting for him really don't know what they are voting for, as he changes positions so often.

That's why, if he wins, which is a stretch, he would be a one-termer. He would piss off a great number of people who voted for him by changing positions and they wouldn't do it again.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Cramer wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I suspect those insider accounts are as accurate as those claiming he's about to drop out.

Donald Trump launched his campaign on a promise to be very, very tough on illegal immigration — and immigrants. He called Mexican immigrants "rapists" and "criminals." He would later promise to deport every single one of them — even approvingly referencing a controversial 1950s mass-deportation program known as "Operation Wetback." He has in recent weeks prominently featured victims of crimes perpetrated by illegal immigrants.

But according to reports and the suggestions of his top advisers on Sunday, it sounds as if he's considering seriously changing his tune — in what would amount to a stunning flip-flop.

Late Saturday, BuzzFeed and Univision reported that Trump backed away from that rhetoric at a meeting with a group of newly announced Hispanic advisers, appearing open to a plan to deal with the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants that is not deportation.

They also ran several articles about Trump dropping out. Credibility ain't exactly high these days in the Post.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Cramer wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

They also ran several articles about Trump dropping out. Credibility ain't exactly high these days in the Post.

Well, this was based off a CNN interview Kellyanne Conway did.

_________

"On Sunday morning, his newly installed campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, was asked during an interview on CNN's "State of the Union" whether Trump still wants "a deportation force removing the 11 million or so undocumented immigrants."

"To be determined," said Conway, who in the past has supported creating a pathway to citizenship for the millions of immigrants illegally living in the United States.

Earlier in the interview, she described Trump's immigration position in this way: "What he supports is to make sure that we enforce the law, that we are respectful of those Americans who are looking for well-paying jobs and that we are fair and humane for those who live among us in this country."

Conway said that "as the weeks unfold," Trump will reveal the specifics of his immigration plan. Trump and his aides have also been unclear on whether he still wants to temporarily bar most foreign Muslims from entering the country. Trump is expected to give a policy speech about immigration on Thursday in Colorado.

_________

Board footer