You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash still isn't talking about Axl

Date published: 10/19/2007

By MIKE OSEGUEDA

McCLATCHY-TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICE

So, Slash, do you think you and Axl Rose could ever be friends?

Slash--the legendary guitarist who got his start in the turbulent rock band Guns N' Roses and is now a part of supergroup Velvet Revolver--is on a tour bus. Slash good-naturedly responds, "We've spent too much time talking about that subject."

He'd rather move on from Guns N' Roses.

Many other subjects were covered during this chat with Slash (real name Saul Hudson, 42):

On the progression of Velvet Revolver: "You can just tell the difference between the band since we've completed this record and started this tour and the band when we did our first tour. It's just something that happens with time.

On the 20-year anniversary of "Appetite for Destruction," in July: "Everybody made a bigger deal about it than, obviously, I would have. It's cool. You can't complain about being recognized. It's an accomplishment, having done something 20 years ago that's still significant now. That's really great. All the fanfare that went along with it--I was actually surprised at the amount of it.

"But as far as celebrating the anniversary, I wasn't that cognizant of it.

On how he looks back at the Guns N' Roses era: "The Guns thing was awesome. I was 19 when that band started, and I owe everything in my career to that band. It was one of the coolest things going and still, looking back on it, it was one of the coolest things there has been. I've moved on, concentrating on what there is in the now, but at the same time, I'm very proud for having been part of that."

http://fredericksburg.com//News/FLS/200 … ?rss=local

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The questions will never go away, not that I blame people for asking.  If Axl ever did interviews, he'd get asked about Slash all the time, which is probably one of the reasons he doesn't do interviews.  Whether either of them likes it or not, they will forever be intertwined no matter what they do or don't accomplish the rest of their lives.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah seems like slash has found a good balance of being proud of what he's done, but focusing on the future.

Although its really a shame if the GNR story never has a final chapter I think. But such is life.

Board footer