You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I just want to call ID a stupid motherfucker.  Just because I can.

This might turn out to be the greatest thread ever.  Please don't take anything personally...half of this is just to blow off steam.  I don't really think you're a stupid motherfucker, just a little misinformed.

That's the nicest thing you've ever said 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Did Mitt Romney run in the wrong year? Does he beat Hillary? Or would Kasich be the best bet to beat Hillary?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Kasich. GOP really didn't like Romney either.

I think the real issue that Buzz is referring to, maybe, is the fact that the government has become a corporation run by a global elite behind the scenes that orchestrates most everything, including our race and class divide in the U.S. If they can keep blacks vs. whites a thing, we're distracted from their true motives.

Like on "The X-Files": You create a conspiracy to distract people from the real conspiracy/distraction playing out right under our noses.

Bingo? Close?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

People don't pay taxes on losses. You can only pay taxes on income. Why is this an issue?

Essentially because the losses are pretend.

It's logical for small business to only pay tax on profits and to be allowed to balance future profits against those past losses. It's common sense in normal business. However the big end of town has put pressure on lawmakers to allow for some pretty creative accounting about what constitutes a loss.

In trumps case he built buildings with borrowed money and deducted it, then could take depreciation deductions for the real estate even while the actual real estate was really appreciating in value.

Basically you exploit a combination of debt-financing and the accounting laws for booked (as opposed to actual real life) depreciation and you generate a big "on paper" loss that you write off against your future tax liabilities, all while you are actually making a massive profit in terms of actual money you really get.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Did Mitt Romney run in the wrong year? Does he beat Hillary? Or would Kasich be the best bet to beat Hillary?

Kaisch would have done worse than Romney, IMO. Romney just isn't a good candidate. "Corporations are people" soured a lot of people, and a lot of the base refuse to vote for Mormons.

Bloomberg was my pick. I think his ban on extra large drink cups was silly & patronizing, but he could have been a great candidate for both parties or independent.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

14492579_1163354627072210_9035004445066203898_n.jpg?oh=d85efff1cc4ef3c379a1f249f4ed2423&oe=58A92BDD

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Kaisch would have done worse than Romney, IMO. Romney just isn't a good candidate. "Corporations are people" soured a lot of people, and a lot of the base refuse to vote for Mormons.

Bloomberg was my pick. I think his ban on extra large drink cups was silly & patronizing, but he could have been a great candidate for both parties or independent.

Bloomberg was a damn good mayor. He continued stop and frisk and was not a bitch to the liberals. He was quirky but sound. He was a moderate. I like him. I would vote for him. He wouldn't have sold out like Hillary will.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would fuck Kellyanne Conway. Something is sexy about her.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I would fuck Kellyanne Conway. Something is sexy about her.

Is there anyone you wouldn't fuck?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I just want to call ID a stupid motherfucker.  Just because I can.

This might turn out to be the greatest thread ever.  Please don't take anything personally...half of this is just to blow off steam.  I don't really think you're a stupid motherfucker, just a little misinformed.

That's the nicest thing you've ever said 16

It's true.  You can be an ass sometimes, but I don't hate you at all.  This is just a good release for me since I have to play the PC game all day long.  I promise it's nothing personal...just having some fun and getting some bad energy out of my system.  It's hard pretending to be something you're not all day so you can keep getting a nice paycheck, but you gotta go what you gotta do sometimes.  Can't hold it in though...there has to be a release somewhere.

Feel free to call me whatever you want too...it won't bother me.  I'll go toe to toe with you, but it's all fine.

Board footer