You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Brave Internet Browser (must get for firefox users)

polluxlm wrote:

Just tried this.

https://brave.com/

It's basically firefox but 10x faster. Adblock included. Apparently made by one of the guys behind Mozilla who thought Firefox had turned to shit.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Ok. I am downloading it right now. I stopped using Firefox a couple months ago, now using Chrome but the ad blocker I added is slowing everything down. Hopefully Brave will work better for me. Thank you for the tip, Pollux.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Apparently made by one of the guys behind Mozilla who thought Firefox had turned to shit.

*Made by a guy who was forced out of the company after showing his stance on gay marriage

FTFY

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

After using it a week I have mixed feelings. The speed and stability are major pluses, but it's not quite as user friendly as firefox. Can't get flash videos to work either.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

I used it only a couple times. It looks too basic and I am used to things being in a certain way and I don't like changes so I am back to using Chrome. I might remove my ad blocker, it worked better with Firefox than with Chrome.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

If I can iron out the few things I don't like I'll stay with it, if not I'm going back as well. Still, experiencing lag on a 2k computer is irritating as hell.

Ultimate ad blocker worked well for me in FF, but don't know about Chrome.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

Can't remember the name of my ad blocker but it's definitely not the one you are talking about. I am using my tablet now, it's so much faster than with my computer.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

I can't iron out  the fact that the logo is on the wrong side and it annoys me. 16

Board footer