You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage (new album)

metallex78 wrote:

Anyone here heard this yet? They dropped it pretty much out of nowhere, and it's a monster, epic album. Much more like Avenged of old, than the simplicity of Hail to the King.

It's a concept album discussing topics such as artificial intelligence and the universe etc. it's very grand and a lot to take in, but once it grows on you, you can hear moments of brilliance throughout

Some stellar drumming and guitar work too

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage (new album)

Rex wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Anyone here heard this yet? They dropped it pretty much out of nowhere, and it's a monster, epic album. Much more like Avenged of old, than the simplicity of Hail to the King.

It's a concept album discussing topics such as artificial intelligence and the universe etc. it's very grand and a lot to take in, but once it grows on you, you can hear moments of brilliance throughout

Some stellar drumming and guitar work too

This was a great surprise. I like the complexity of it, especially the drumming. Matt's new singing isn't bad either, although it took a little bit to grow on me.

I guess there are 7 more songs that are going to be released digitally that aren't on the album. Pretty stoked for that.

It really shows how dated the business is when a band like A7X does a surprise release while Metallica continues with the bread crumbs of releasing a song every few weeks until release.

Board footer