You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: US Politics Thread

harmon420 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Everything is going to be fine.  As much as we all had a blast bitching about this, the truth is the President can't really do a whole lot.  The world isn't going to end tomorrow.

Buzz for the win.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

With all due respect, Hillary has no one to blame but herself for the way things have unfolded. If she didn't make some major mistakes along the way, we wouldn't be in this situation.

She was a flawed candidate, but no. Just no. These things have been building for years. Trump was just as flawed. The last two weeks killed her. Wikileaks killed her. If you don't think so, I don't know what to tell you.

You yourself said there was nothing new, nothing to see here. No? Now all of a sudden, it was the difference? I don't know, sounds suspect to me.

No I didn't say that faldor, I said the damage was done. When they cleared her a second time I said the damage was done. Don't put words in my mouth. I still held out hope, but that was irreparable. Joe Biden should have run, yes, but hindsight is 20/20.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Our national channel is in shock. Never seen such sad faces on a tv screen. "But the polls!" 14

I got to give you credit dude. A lot of posters mocked you relentlessly for not buying their preferred polls. But you showed them. 

Maybe if the U.K. Leaves the EU they can form an agreement with the us.

Not over yet, but yes I'm feeling a bit of vindication. 5

These were your polls.

polluxlm wrote:

Crazy elections calls for crazy predictions.

https://i.sli.mg/JJlBKt.jpg

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I got to give you credit dude. A lot of posters mocked you relentlessly for not buying their preferred polls. But you showed them. 

Maybe if the U.K. Leaves the EU they can form an agreement with the us.

Not over yet, but yes I'm feeling a bit of vindication. 5

These were your polls.

polluxlm wrote:

Crazy elections calls for crazy predictions.

https://i.sli.mg/JJlBKt.jpg

Pollux is a legend

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I fell asleep for a bit.  I'm stunned, especially that she's losing PA.  One thing I'll say tho, is she seemed to only come to Phila/Suburbs, myb Pittsburgh. However she seemed to neglect Scranton a bit, and the NE PA area. While not too well populated, Joe Biden always campaigned hard there, telling stories visiting there as a kid.  In 2008 primary, I remember Hillary being there too, I think her grandpa grew up there too. This time around tho, I don't seem to remember news about her visiting much. It could be systemic of her campaign & travel schedule among alot of states.  Her campaign manager, Huma Aberdeen & Debbie Wasserman Schultz, seem like the type to only focus on the larger cities, which may have value, but the mid sized towns can have alot of reach, as their news channel will cover nearly half the state.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

NY Times gives PA to Trump.  If that holds (barring a miracle), it's over.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, someone on ABC just mentioned a good point.

Donald Trump went up against Jeb Bush, who spent $110 million & beat him keeping him to only 4 delegates.
He then took on all other Republicans and smoked them.
He then took on the Clinton machine who outspent him 5-1, had a much larger campaign and support structure & regional offices, and took them on & won.

It'd be an interesting study has to how such a typically "badly run campaign" just won & was so effective to the people?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Wow, someone on ABC just mentioned a good point.

Donald Trump went up against Jeb Bush, who spent $110 million & beat him keeping him to only 4 delegates.
He then took on all other Republicans and smoked them.
He then took on the Clinton machine who outspent him 5-1, had a much larger campaign and support structure & regional offices, and took them on & won.

It'd be an interesting study has to how such a typically "badly run campaign" just won & was so effective to the people?

I've been saying it for months.  People are sick of the establishment.  Even I underestimated how much they were sick of it as I didn't expect Trump to win and I figured it would have to be someone less polarizing.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I don't think making zero sense, catering to xenophobes and telling dumb people what they want to hear is a great campaign, merely dishonesty that morons chose to believe. Now, when Trump fails to do any of the things he promises, racist white people will just get even more pissed off and enraged and continue to direct their fury at the same they did here. Because THEY can't be wrong, right?

Democrats have their issues, without question, but using ego, power and celebrity to become president without any honesty or forward thinking isn't exactly groundbreaking campaigning. If anyone thinks Trump is gonna be thinking about anything but jerking off all over himself stroking his own ego that he gets to be the most powerful person in the world, you're nuts. How in God's name can anyone think this man actually cares about anyone? He just said what he had to say to convince some people who never made it through high school to flip.

AtariLegend wrote:

Hillary passing on the concession speech!

Good for her.

Board footer