You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Blue & Lonesome

johndivney wrote:

Album of the motherfuckin century.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Can't wait to hear it!!!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Previewed some of the songs and my God this shit is fantastic!!! Hope to pick up the album in he next couple days...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Haven't listened to it, would love to.  Their last one sounded good from the songs released that I heard.  Do you guys think tho that Keith & the band are really playing on and composing on these anymore tho?  Or do they have ghostwriters just playing this shit as a backup band to Mick & the guys.  I'll have to check it out, I don't think Keith plays very much live anymore, just fakes it.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I can't deny that this sounds good / of the era but it doesn't really do much for me.

johndivney wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Haven't listened to it, would love to.  Their last one sounded good from the songs released that I heard.  Do you guys think tho that Keith & the band are really playing on and composing on these anymore tho?  Or do they have ghostwriters just playing this shit as a backup band to Mick & the guys.  I'll have to check it out, I don't think Keith plays very much live anymore, just fakes it.

This is a covers record. The playin is pretty great on it. Full on bangin rhythm n blues tunes. Doin what they do best & doin it well.
But I dunno who is playing guitar if not keef n ronnie. You could be right.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

An odd thought just occurred to me; Slash has played loads of Rolling Stones covers over the years, yet (IIRC) he's never actually guested on stage with them, has he?

Board footer