You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

I didn't say any of that about you at all. You're the one throwing backhanded comments at my country. Military spending is a form of infrastructure, as its one of the last strong manufacturing employment in America. Those plants are literally keeping communities alive and thriving. We can do a lot to help our infrastructure.

As for this, there is no magic button. We could ban all weapons today, it would not stop gun violence. You guys will not admit the black market effect because it hurts your philosophical beliefs. We have guns. That's not going to end. Unless there's a big magic magnet that can suck up all the guns, gun violence will go on.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The argument that we can stop all gun violence is a false one. Nobody is making that claim. However we do have evidence that we can greatly reduce it.

Pretty straight forward.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I agree. But that's not neemos argument.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

The argument that we can stop all gun violence is a false one. Nobody is making that claim. However we do have evidence that we can greatly reduce it.

Pretty straight forward.

No.  You're wrong.  We can't keep drugs (illegal) or undocumented people (illegal) out of this country and you think banning guns is going to fix anything?  At least I assume that's your brilliant idea that will "greatly reduce" it.  If it's something far more intelligent than that, please share...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

I didn't say any of that about you at all. You're the one throwing backhanded comments at my country. Military spending is a form of infrastructure

The amount of people that die every year in gun related deaths in a first world country is staggering and the U.S. military budget is so vast and u guys have the strongest and most advanced military ... just stating u could prolly divest a tiny bit of that money elsewhere to better areas that may be lagging behind

And doesnt this military infrastructure u talk about increase the national deficit every year?

Im not sayimg the guns will go away over night but u gotta start somewhere ...

Anyway sorry to ruffle feathers...I'm sure we will talk about this again in a month or 3 after the next lunatic decides to light up a bunch of folks cuz he had a bad day

misterID

misterID wrote:

We have debates here all the time about smart spending and cutting. Military spending isn't just on weapons, it created the internet and satellites, etc. Etc. Etc., basically everything you use every single day is a result of OUR military spending.

You were talking about all guns and questioning why anyone has a gun or semi auto. I answered that. I approve of gun regulations, but that wouldn't stop these events. France just had a mass shooting. These are knee jerk reactions. Again, this guy could have easily used his explosives. What would be your criticism of us then? What would the debate be?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

France shooting resulted in what? 2 deaths? The vegas shooting is 59 dead ... 2 dead in a shooting in the USA prolly doesnt even make the news ... look ... everyone is gonna have their lunatics ... shit happens ... but if u cant see that ur gun laws are fucked up and archaic and that they enable more of this shit to happen on a more frequent basis and at a larger scale then i dunno what to say

Carry on...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Neemo, the Canadian, is correct. We have a fucked up Gun Culture.

Pistols
Hunting Rifles
Shotguns

I am okay with these.

AR15 with a 100 round clip and a bump stock essentially making it full Automatic I am not okay with.

Misterid is a dem, but is reading line for line the talking points by Flagg. Flagg voted for Hillary and has been the NRA's best friend today. Am I he only Trump voter here willing to admit our nation has a gun sickness?

Part of the reason all AR15's are sold is the "if the crazy blacks have these guns we need them too". Let's be honest. It's not just fear of the govt, it is fear of the blacks. And that is a legit fear for many people that live in urban areas where home invasions and carjackings take place. Since crazy folks (like those in chicago) have huge stock piles of stolen guns they want theirs too. I get it. The Democratic Party have let down many urban cities that have strict gun laws and high crime as they sell their illegal drugs. Maybe we should legalize all drugs since we have legal guns. If we can't stop the war on drugs why even have one? 

The reason the Australian shit won't work here is because we have too many crazy motherfuckers in the US. Canada and Aussie land are far safer than the US.

Then the rest of the gun owners are fanatics that likely masturbate at night to their shiny AR 15. They are prepping for war. A war vs the Gov't, a Race War, a war against Isis, whatever, they have to have that gun. 

So in the US, we have a high suicide rate
Pay some of the highest rates in the world for prescription drugs
Have no universal drug care
And have one of the highest gun crime rates in the civilized world.
Oh, and Abortion is legal.

We are fucked

And our educational system is bloated and way down the list compared to many other countries.

Neemo is right. In a few weeks this will be over. We will worry about the boogie man, Russia, over some silly shit and then a new attack will happen. The Dems will pray it is a white guy and not a Muslim and the Republicans will pray it is not a white man but a Muslim.

Sick of not getting shit done.

I am not attacked my blacks just telling you why many own guns.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

France shooting resulted in what? 2 deaths? The vegas shooting is 59 dead ... 2 dead in a shooting in the USA prolly doesnt even make the news ... look ... everyone is gonna have their lunatics ... shit happens ... but if u cant see that ur gun laws are fucked up and archaic and that they enable more of this shit to happen on a more frequent basis and at a larger scale then i dunno what to say

Carry on...

Our gun laws exist because of how our country was formed.  Armed militia made up of regular people made a huge difference in earning our freedom. The second amendment isn't just about protecting ourselves from criminals.  It's also about protecting us from gov't tyranny. Obviously gun technology has changed a lot, but the founding principles still remain.  Guns are part of the culture and are never going away. So ideas need to move on from that.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Carry on...

WTF are you talking about? You have continually changed your argument with every single post. I already said several times that I SUPPORT GUN REGULATIONS. The point about France is that guns STILL found a way in. Jesus, yes, carry on ...

Board footer