You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: LEAKS THREAD

imsorry wrote:
walker wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … t-20080624
Not the kind of hassle I want.

Unless u want the same attention his got u just have to upload it somewhere share a link via PM and its done nobody will never know who shared it in the first place...

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Walker wrote:

It's So Easy (2010) coming soon!

As a video? Are we talking about the 2010 proshot stuff for the doco that never surfaced?

Also while I'm pestering you - can you provide any other information about the TIL remix.

TIL is one of my favourite songs, and I was blown away by the snippet of the remix how the vocal track was a different take and more raspy in that section. What is the rest of it like?

Thanks smile

I have no idea if it was recorded for the 2010 doc. I believe the 2010 concert video and the 2009 rehearsal video are just random videos that happened to float out. What people need to remember about the 2010 show is that it wasn't filmed for a dvd. The proshot is soundboard audio and professionally filmed video, but its the video feed for the screens. No audience shots, and a lot of cam time for Axl (not that that's a problem!) Gibbo has accused me of lying and it actually being an audience recording, but any person with a working set of eyes and ears can tell that it is not.

The 2009 rehearsal dvd is 3 hours long, and is a single camera behind Axl's chair, and is hooked up to the soundboard. Amazing audio quality, but not a lot of detail in the video. It's trained to capture the entire stage. It's a full dress rehearsal though, with pyro, screens, etc etc. the band warms up by playing Catcher and Madagascar (Maddy played twice), and then the stage goes dark and the set starts. Chinese, Scraped, Jungle, Easy, Brownstone etc. 13 Chinese songs are played. This I Love is played twice, once with bits of Axl singing.

As for the 2010 mix, it's pretty much just piano/harp/drums/axl. no guitars at all anywhere in the song, so to replace that axl has a lot more vocal fills, a lot of the ooooooh's and what not. very beautiful remix imo.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I was listening to the leaks again the other day and it made me want the 1999 and 2001 versions even more.

The former are rough, textural, and so interesting. It feels like a guerrilla underground operation at times, notably with that beautiful attack warning siren on IRS.

The latter has many weird ambient flourishes between the increased effects on Better, the reverb outro on Riad, and the extended intro on If The World.

In short, both have so much more character than the final thing. I really hope it's re-released some day and some more work is put into it. Brian Wilson's Smile this beast, kick out a box set, and let us all enjoy the history.

It's the kind of thing where I think fans could probably do it more justice than Axl and crew could ala the Star Wars Despecialized Edition that got rid of the unnecessary bullshit.

Appetiteforcovers
 Rep: 1 

Wagszilla wrote:

notably with that beautiful attack warning siren on IRS.

Okay so I'm not going crazy. The few times I heard the demo I heard a little siren. Now I can't seem to hear it. Do I have a different IRS demo? (I've deleted and downloaded it several times over the years) Or do I need good quality earphones?

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Yh91wsNWM

The feedback of the guitar simulates the effect and then they ring slightly in the background.

It's so much stronger than the final version, we hear the ambience, we hear Tommy's bass, and a classic guns dueling guitar setup.

Why did it have to be so hard.

FUCK.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Robin's little guitar fills were awesome. No reason to lose them.

And Tommy's bass was fucking killer on those leaks, now it's buried under loads of guitar. 4

Appetiteforcovers
 Rep: 1 

Okay yeah I hear it now. Does anyone have a link for this version?

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
misterID wrote:

And Tommy's bass was fucking killer on those leaks, now it's buried under loads of guitar. 4

The whole saga defies logic but even if they had re-recorded the whole thing in one go in 2006, it would've sounded pretty killer.

Tommy's bass was more prominent in the live mixes as things went on, one reason the Rock Am Ring version of IRS is quite good. It's just a series of missed opportunities that make you want to pull your hair out. And not even because of hindsight bias, all of us grandpas saw that horror show unfolding on the spot.

I just don't understand Axl's thought process on the final mix. He could've sold me a ketchup popsicle in the middle of summer up until that point.

And as much as I love Buckethead, can you imagine Prostitute 1999? It makes me hyperventilate. I bet that sounds like the edge of a serial killer's hot knife.

FUCK FUCK.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
misterID wrote:

The whole saga defies logic but even if they had re-recorded the whole thing in one go in 2006, it would've sounded pretty killer.

Tommy's bass was more prominent in the live mixes as things went on, one reason the Rock Am Ring version of IRS is quite good. It's just a series of missed opportunities that make you want to pull your hair out. And not even because of hindsight bias, all of us grandpas saw that horror show unfolding on the spot.

I just don't understand Axl's thought process on the final mix. He could've sold me a ketchup popsicle in the middle of summer up until that point.

And as much as I love Buckethead, can you imagine Prostitute 1999? It makes me hyperventilate. I bet that sounds like the edge of a serial killer's hot knife.

FUCK FUCK.

yeah I said way back before BH quit that they all should have gone into the studio and after Axl cut and pasted all the ideas together to make the songs to his liking, have the band rerecord the songs so it did not sound so copy and pasted together. it would have flowed much better.

that another reason why I want to hear the earlier versions like from 2001-2002 before Axl started to cut and paste and layer everything on top of the orginal tracks

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

as weird as it is to say, part of me wishes axl pulled the trigger in '99 without buckethead. he took some songs to another level, but he wasn't necessary for axl's vision at the time -- finck was already a good fit. the '99 demos are raw as fuck in the best way possible.

after that album, he could have brought in bucket and brain and wrote the follow up with them.

those 3 could have been a songwriting powerhouse and tackled all sorts of different sounds.

but whatever.

the real shame is that there's unreleased gn'r stuff with bucket on it. i guarantee he's on the general (it's a brain song). the cd remixes have unheard solos from bucket where he duels with bumblefoot (omg, silkworms). he could even be on shit like cuban skies or the early industrial shit like seven and ides of march. i'd love to hear the shackler's revenge with his solo... it was his damn song, after all.

given bucket's health conditions currently, it'd be a nice move of axl to release a song with bucket on it and cut the man some royalties he more than fuckin' deserves.

Board footer