You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

Locomotive98 wrote:
Walker wrote:

I have it on good authority that by this time tomorrow the fans will have a 2001 song

Is that to add to the collection of all the other songs that havn't leaked over the last few weeks? I think I'll remain skeptical on that one.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What song? I assume from that phrasing it's not any of the samples from 2012 - just going to be like IRS version 5 or something?

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What song? I assume from that phrasing it's not any of the samples from 2012 - just going to be like IRS version 5 or something?

in terms of the 2001 songs, we know there was a time, madagascar and the blues are out there.... so hopefully we don't just get another version of twat. i can't imagine there's any way the '01 version of twat is better than the '06 leak with the full solo.

the blues is what i really want to hear. it's supposed to have the guitar intro and pitman synths on the verses.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

The Blues 4:44
- cuts in - strings under piano intro - no acoustic guitar during intro - 2001/2002-era guitar lick + drums and guitars - echo or whisper/people talking during first vocals, later cleaned up (noticeable edit maybe in word “saved”?) - Pitman’s synth/sub-bass more present during verses (electronic-type feel) - guitar lick + guitar note held during “I don’t know what else I should do” - drums/cymbals during “Everywhere I go I see you . . .” etc - background “woooeeeeoooo” synth bit at 1:58 (heard on 2001-2002 live versions) - rhythm guitar during solo different, most noticeable starting at 2:24 - cymbals during last verse - lead guitar bit at 3:20 - no acoustic guitar during piano breakdown at 3:30 - no Buckethead solo during outro (earlier version than 2002 Radio Promo) - vocals clearer on outro - Tommy’s bass has been louder whole time, really noticeable bass walk-down around 4:08 - only “ahs” at end - ending fadeout faster/different

Madagascar 5:47 - different synth/keyboards - drums missing at 1min at “my way back, my way anymore” - lead guitar tracks noticeably different starting at 1:57 - rhythm guitar noticeably different/louder starting at 2:27 (Buckethead) - Music under speech different - drums different, bass is playing 8th notes - Bucket’s solo starts on a different note/tone that was later changed and at starting about 3:35 the guitar has an effect not on the final (and I think Bucket’s playing in this small section was slightly sped up on final) - Buckethead hits the wrong notes during the walk-down at the end of the solo at 4:24 — clearly patched on 2007, smoothed out by 2008 - different harmony vocals in outro - guitar effect over fade out ending

TWAT 5:25 - 1999 drum machine/strings intro - 1999 drums (Freese) - 1999 synth and keyboard - re-recorded lead guitar (Robin) - re-recorded bass - loud and loose/slapped during chorus (like Korn) - Chorus is 1999/2006 style “long time” played over a different/higher chord — changed by 2007 (presumably played by Paul Tobias here, later replaced) - lead guitar bit at 2min mark not on later versions - guitar lick at 2:25-2:30 - same acoustic guitar during breakdown (Axl) - but some additional Fx noises in background - different guitars underneath solo at 3:40 - no Buckethead solo

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm still torn on the TWAT intro. I actually like the choir opening, but the original was pretty fly.

BTW, when something drops, my pm is all ready.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

Should be interesting if those songs leaks. Lots of people believe the album would be better if it got released by that time. I actually prefer the 2006-ish era - the reworked Chinese Democracy track, Bucket on TWAT, Better (that was supposed to be from at least sometime after 2001, right?)...

But I do love the 1999 version. Not sure if I like it better, but it's so raw and different..

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Don't take this as an insult to Walker cos I don't mean it that way....

But it just crossed my mind - the entire album rock band stems have been available for years and everyone has them. A lot of GNR fans are musicians themselves. At this stage - what's to say any of these are actually old versions and not just fans playing around with the stems and adding in different bass and chords themselves and stuff. Not hard to mute a drum track here and there or over dub a bit of guitar.

Anyway, I guess that list is cool stuff, although personally i'd be way more interested in either unheard tracks or the Brain era remixes. I feel like most of this stuff I could just make myself lol.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

i really hope he shares the blues. that is the most interesting one. We already have a ton of versions of TWAT so that is the least interesting. And Madagasar the vocals are always shit, so I really dont care about that one.

But the blues album verison was always paled in comparision to the 2002 live version, I always wanted a studio version of that

Any ETA when a song will drop?

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

But it just crossed my mind - the entire album rock band stems have been available for years and everyone has them. A lot of GNR fans are musicians themselves. At this stage - what's to say any of these are actually old versions and not just fans playing around with the stems and adding in different bass and chords themselves and stuff. Not hard to mute a drum track here and there or over dub a bit of guitar.

Anyway, I guess that list is cool stuff, although personally i'd be way more interested in either unheard tracks or the Brain era remixes. I feel like most of this stuff I could just make myself lol.

I did just that once. As though it sounded ok, there's still some limitations on what you can do with that Rock Band tracks - the piano and accoustic guitars are mixed in one track, you can't just strip it down and separete the instruments.

So yeah, it sounded kinda like The Blues from 2002. But still, not the same.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I did just that once. As though it sounded ok, there's still some limitations on what you can do with that Rock Band tracks - the piano and accoustic guitars are mixed in one track, you can't just strip it down and separete the instruments.

So yeah, it sounded kinda like The Blues from 2002. But still, not the same.

its easy to tell when its a fan remix or an actual demo from 2001.

Board footer