You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

dave-gnfnr wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Agreed, I much prefer this to the album version, even with the sketchy guitars, it just seems to work better being sparse. BH solo could have done with a notch up though ;-). bucket

Its because the mixing is better on this version than the album version.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

Can someone PM me with the link? Thank you

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

this is, together with existing 2001/2 live versions, a good example of what RTB was trying to do - he was hired, because the previous Beavan mixes were considered somewhat too "modern" and they needed to make the stuff more "classic".
which is, at least for me, a shame - because what Beavan did with Marilyn Manson just a few years ago (he produced Portrait, Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals, and especially the latter two of them have MASSIVELY great sound). I'd still take ANY Beavan mix before ANYTHING else from RTB or later time.
still, this is an interesting insight into work-in-progress at one of the track we are very familiar with.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
zombux wrote:

this is, together with existing 2001/2 live versions, a good example of what RTB was trying to do - he was hired, because the previous Beavan mixes were considered somewhat too "modern" and they needed to make the stuff more "classic".
which is, at least for me, a shame - because what Beavan did with Marilyn Manson just a few years ago (he produced Portrait, Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals, and especially the latter two of them have MASSIVELY great sound). I'd still take ANY Beavan mix before ANYTHING else from RTB or later time.
still, this is an interesting insight into work-in-progress at one of the track we are very familiar with.

if they ever do a box set, I would love to hear the CD album each of them made. It would be interesting to see CD at each mixing stage.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

Do not you think that sometimes we think the demos are better than the final versions, just because it's something "new" and we hear the final versions much more often? It happened to me when I heard the demo versions of Appetite and UYI, but I soon realized that they were not exactly better, but different and "new". Of course there may be preference, but still...

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
zombux wrote:

if they ever do a box set, I would love to hear the CD album each of them made. It would be interesting to see CD at each mixing stage.

LOL. they will never release anything like that and unless someone goes crazy (like darknemus, MSL or Walker), we will also never get the "hoarded demos". you'd better deal with it, because anything else would be a pure miracle.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
zombux wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
zombux wrote:

LOL. they will never release anything like that and unless someone goes crazy (like darknemus, MSL or Walker), we will also never get the "hoarded demos". you'd better deal with it, because anything else would be a pure miracle.

Oh I know its a pipe dream but maybe long after Axl is dead and we are all like 80 LOL

LocoComa

LocoComa wrote:
vipicius wrote:

Do not you think that sometimes we think the demos are better than the final versions, just because it's something "new" and we hear the final versions much more often? It happened to me when I heard the demo versions of Appetite and UYI, but I soon realized that they were not exactly better, but different and "new". Of course there may be preference, but still...

I much prefer the demo versions of most CD songs, because they're much less muddy and more raw. I do prefer most studio versions of the Appetite and UYIs, though.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
vipicius wrote:

Yeah totally. I listen to all the old demos more than the final album versions, I just find them more interesting, even with their shortcomings. The album versions were all ruined imo.

But yeah, agree. I'm all over this because its the first different thing in years... Apart from Slash's take on CD songs live.

LocoComa

LocoComa wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
zombux wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Oh I know its a pipe dream but maybe long after Axl is dead and we are all like 80 LOL

Yeah, like Team Brazil would ever allow release of anything. lol

Board footer