You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

DtM51 wrote:

could someone send me the links first time on since friday

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I really enjoyed it, thanks Walker 9 Don't suppose a full version of Checkmate is gonna drop anytime soon is it? big_smile

I've no idea if this is real, I just have to go by the community opinion and most seem confident that it is. I don't hear those same little intricacies that others are able to pinpoint. It sounds different to the album version to me, but I've heard the shit Evader has remixed so I know how talented GNR fans can be. Have you guys heard his "Spanish TWAT"? 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It could be real or fan made really. That's the fun of 2000era GNR - That guitar sound is just amateur enough that it could be one of us, or like a bedroom-best friend promoted to rhythm guitarist or a circus guitarist hired to replace slash 16

Assuming it's real for a moment - the notable part to me is the absence of fortus - the changes he made replacing paul's parts live were quite noticeable and also stand out on the record because of the sustaining pickups he uses.

Walker any chance of This I Love? Pretty please.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
zombux wrote:

what Beavan did with Marilyn Manson just a few years ago (he produced Portrait, Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals, and especially the latter two of them have MASSIVELY great sound). I'd still take ANY Beavan mix before ANYTHING else from RTB or later time.
still, this is an interesting insight into work-in-progress at one of the track we are very familiar with.

I think Beavan was a full producer only on Mechanical Animals. Trent and Manson produced ACSS.

Aside that, what you said. What's been established well before this cut is that the album was always in shambles. There was never a definite version of any song we've heard. The album cuts are bloated and poorly mixed (that's right, Axl & Caram). Part of the problem was obviously that there were too many options accumulated over the years and they ended up compiling everything from sub-bass to superfluous overdubs, because more is more.

correct, I also remember something like only MA was full Beavan. god, it's 20 years since that was released!

motoguzzy
 Rep: 0 

motoguzzy wrote:

Please, can someone post me links to Leaks? Im dying for any of the 3! Thank you very much Bros. wink

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

3 leaks? We’ve only gotten one - 2001 Madagascar

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

I'll repost what I said on MyGNR:

IMO, this is not fake. It COULD be fake, but it would be really hard to put it together like this. There's some indication that its real - the scratching guitar at the very ending last a bit longer than on the CD version (which had a fade out). The other thing is the drums sounding more like Josh Freese. Bucket's solo starts different and there's some different Tommy bass there. Also, Axl's background vocals wouldnt be that easy to remix from the Rock Band tracks since they are mixed together.

Could the guy fake it through some really painful rework on the available tracks? Yeah. He also would have to rerecord some keyboards, drums, bass and guitars on his own. Its way too much effort just to fool a bunch of fans.

motoguzzy

motoguzzy wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

not talking about Atlas - Silkworms - The General (2 mins)  ?????

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:
motoguzzy wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Those leaks are bullshit. If anything, this leak proves it. Within a couple hours, it was everywhere. They would've never been contained for 2 whole weeks. That, along with the fact that those dips are also trying to take credit for this one.

motoguzzy

motoguzzy wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
motoguzzy wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Those leaks are bullshit. If anything, this leak proves it. Within a couple hours, it was everywhere. They would've never been contained for 2 whole weeks. That, along with the fact that those dips are also trying to take credit for this one.

ah ok! thanx!i breathe better now, so its Madagascar 2001, clear voice no rasp?

Board footer