You are not logged in. Please register or login.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

LocoComa wrote:
motoguzzy wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
motoguzzy wrote:

not talking about Atlas - Silkworms - The General (2 mins)  ?????

Those leaks are bullshit. If anything, this leak proves it. Within a couple hours, it was everywhere. They would've never been contained for 2 whole weeks. That, along with the fact that those dips are also trying to take credit for this one.

ah ok! thanx!i breathe better now, so its Madagascar 2001, clear voice no rasp?

Yep. Seems to be the same vocal take as the album version, though mixed slightly different.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I haven't compared that personally, but people say it's the same exact vocal take, just with a slightly different pitch.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I took a quick look at the spectral and waveforms, it's a much more compressed mix with lower dynamic range.

In terms of dynamic range, it's 2007 > 2001 > 2008.

The peaks are pretty cut off too.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Why do you guys figure it's from 2001?

zombux

zombux wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Why do you guys figure it's from 2001?

"2001" and "RTB" comes from Walker. the rest is just an educated guess - based on missing Robin and included Buckethead, it seems to be recorded between late 1999 and late 2000, I'd place my bets on something like end of 2000, but of course the recorded tracks can always be a bit older than the mix, which could happen somewhere during 2001.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I was just using the colloquial term.

I think the early 2000 date is probably on point.

It was "just written" by October 1999 and a studio version was already done by January 2001 with Freese/Tobias(?) after Rio.

It's of a nicer vintage than the rough 2000 version of There Was A Time so one'd suspect after that before Roy got going in full.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Can someone send me a PM, please? Have been away during the weekend and would like it very much.

Thanks!

zombux

zombux wrote:
otto wrote:

Can someone send me a PM, please? Have been away during the weekend and would like it very much.

Thanks!

remember that link I sent you a couple of days ago? just check it again...

otto

otto wrote:
otto wrote:

Thanks!

This is the best forum, no doubts about it.

Thanks!!

otto

otto wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

Ok, I gave another listen to that. Still can't understand how you guys like it better than any other versions we had. Buckethead's single chord wah rhythm is as dull as Slash's powerchord in the 2017 live rendition. And Paul Tobias' main riff is buried in the center channel mix.

IMO, there's absolutely no Robin in this version. And the drums reminded me of Josh Freese's tone in the other 1999 leaks.

That's why I think this could be from 2000. And, like Zombux said, by that time the producer was Roy Thomas Baker.

I think it's Freese on drums. Some of the fills are really his style and and the "clear" snare hits with no Ghost Notes akin to Brain's style corroborate it.

I'm not quite sure I'd like this version better, it just feels less bloated, and just makes me feel like what a missed opportunity! Should this have been released by 2002, history would be so different.. I mean... People may dislike this version becauve we've heard others, but it's pretty obvious there was a completed album back then and with no evolution whatsoever in the songs besides arrangements.

Board footer