You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: melissa & brain perform sorry remix at nba halftime show

dave-gnfnr wrote:
zombux wrote:

now THAT was unexpected. indeed, they played a part of the "unreleased" ITW remix.
is it now safe to assume that the last missing remix was Sorry (remember, we know Brain made 6 remixes and we have 5 of them either full or at least snippets, but we don't know what was the sixth song), or it was just a one-off cover version?
strange times.
but actually... I kind of like this performance. maybe not the remixes themselves, but the situation that some GNR members or ex-members play something publicly. nice! smile

I think a full studio cut of that version would be awesome.  As for if the world, that type of remix is only cool in a live setting.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Walker wrote:

If The World is a great remix. I love that shit.

That Sorry though....omg....i need the axl version!!

so an axl version exists?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not to inspire hope in anyone - but this seems a random time to do this - in the middle of the reunion - I wonder if it means the CD remixes will still oneday happen and it's not entirely binned?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:
Walker wrote:

If The World is a great remix. I love that shit.

That Sorry though....omg....i need the axl version!!

so an axl version exists?

as a speculation - maybe. we know Brain did one more remix of an unknown ChiDem song. it might be Sorry, it might not.

auad
 Rep: 3 

auad wrote:

I never understood the presence of this bitch in GNR, and I will never accept.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

LocoComa wrote:

I think like a one-off appearance for Bucket on TWAT or Prostitute could be cool, like Finck a few years ago at the HOB show, but definitely not a full return. Granted, nobody but the hardcore fans would give a shit.

I'd love for Bucket to come out and belt out TWAT, just the once, as it should be played. I want closure, damn it.

Also, GN'R should do a cover of Gimme Shelter. Get Melissa up front doing the Merry Clayton vocal part, have Fortus do the spacey intro, and make Slash do this:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

beavisandbutthead.jpg?itok=wDCVu9rs

WTF was that?? The first clip was, tolerable. I just figured she was there to sing the national anthem then the halftime performer, some local act, cancelled so she did a quick fill-in job. However seeing the longer full clip, OMG. That's pretty awful. Like Pearl Jams album discography, it gets worse as it goes along. It's just some Lady Gaga/Rhianna lip synch by the time ITW gets going, then the Axl vocals pop in & its just a terrible mess.

Wow, I agree that was very bizarre. Just another strange thing in GnR world

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Also, GN'R should do a cover of Gimme Shelter. Get Melissa up front doing the Merry Clayton vocal part, have Fortus do the spacey intro, and make Slash do this:

Funny, I noticed one night not long ago SCOM is essentially Gimmie Shelter & the timing & lyrics can be interwoven. Not a copy, just a very influenced song imho.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I wish that I didn't watch that

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I wish that I didn't watch that

Just watched it a second time. It really is that bad.

Board footer