You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

Well, we know what Duff's up to for the next few months: https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/walkingpapers

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I have to say, Axl's vocals fits this version so much more than the album version. The guitar work is great. I think it's all there on the album version just buried under a lot of stuff and lost in the mix. A pre-bumble album would have been so much better and less dense. So, so good.

There's a whole other album layered underneath CD.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

as cool as this version of madagascar is, look at what axl has turned the hardcore gnr fanbase into -- a bunch of nutcases clamoring over songs written 2 decades ago. "at 2:32 the rhythm guitar is different!" "the change in axl's pitch makes this the definitive version of this song!"

maybe this is what axl wanted. clearly, he is obsessed with chinese democracy. it's his life's work. perhaps all the nonsense during the saga was to create a mythos around the album that was intentionally designed to get the fans equally obsessed. 100 years from now, nobody will be talking about afd or the illusions -- the most interesting album ever made will be the focal point of the band's legacy.

hell, it worked on all of us. i'll be on my deathbad one day thinking about what the general sounds like. as my life flashes before my eyes, i will breathe my final breathe and utter the words "atlas...s-shrugged...." and then pass away into the afterlife.

sometimes, i wish i never saw that vh1 behind the music special back in the day. being a gnr fan is like being a detroit lions fan. every year, you get your hopes up that things will change, and it's always the same ol' shit.

auad
 Rep: 3 

auad wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

as cool as this version of madagascar is, look at what axl has turned the hardcore gnr fanbase into -- a bunch of nutcases clamoring over songs written 2 decades ago. "at 2:32 the rhythm guitar is different!" "the change in axl's pitch makes this the definitive version of this song!"

maybe this is what axl wanted. clearly, he is obsessed with chinese democracy. it's his life's work. perhaps all the nonsense during the saga was to create a mythos around the album that was intentionally designed to get the fans equally obsessed. 100 years from now, nobody will be talking about afd or the illusions -- the most interesting album ever made will be the focal point of the band's legacy.

hell, it worked on all of us. i'll be on my deathbad one day thinking about what the general sounds like. as my life flashes before my eyes, i will breathe my final breathe and utter the words "atlas...s-shrugged...." and then pass away into the afterlife.

sometimes, i wish i never saw that vh1 behind the music special back in the day. being a gnr fan is like being a detroit lions fan. every year, you get your hopes up that things will change, and it's always the same ol' shit.

good post. good points.
like I said yesterday...
Funny how we guns fans settle for crumbs right? ... more mysterious is still to know why these things attract us so much. songs with versions of more than fifteen years ago ...

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

speaking about 2002, uploaded some 2002 tour stuff to mygnr, maybe some people here would by interested as well... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7jt6qhjlleam … p5HVa?dl=0

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

Speak for yourself. I could care less about slight variations of already released songs. I came here to this board many moons ago when new songs leaked and other than NEW music, I seriously don't understand the hype this shit gets. I don't even want links to them, fuck em.

Anyway, carry on...............I'll be reading the Politics thread (which sometimes is hilarious).

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

I much prefer this version to the album version.  Same with the Harley Davidson commercial version of Better to the album version of Better.

MrMiniMite
 Rep: 0 

MrMiniMite wrote:
zombux wrote:

speaking about 2002, uploaded some 2002 tour stuff to mygnr, maybe some people here would by interested as well... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7jt6qhjlleam … p5HVa?dl=0

Awesome, thanks!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I could care less about slight variations of already released songs. I came here to this board many moons ago when new songs leaked and other than NEW music, I seriously don't understand the hype this shit gets.

I'm not that extreme but i do feel your POV.

The exception for me I'm interested in the TIL remix because it has new vocals that sound like they really give a different feel to the track.

But beyond that - it's new songs I want to hear - playing around with the 14 songs we already got on CD - one with an older guitar part - one with slightly different drums etc is fun from an academic standpoint to learn about music production and how different arrangements can alter a song - but I already feel that between the 2001 live versions, the 2002 live versions, the 2006 live versions, the 2009-12 live versions, and the 2016-2017 live versions - the 2006 leaks and the 2008 album - we've already milked these songs to death.

I'll take a professionally produced remix or a remaster or something if it comes out but beyond that - i'm at the stage where I can accept the CD as it was.

What I'd like are these other lost parts of Axl's creativity - the unreleased songs. Silkworms, Jackie Chan etc. Those to me are a lot more interesting than minor variations on stuff that we already have. As I said - TIL being the exception due to that insane vocal track!

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I could care less about slight variations of already released songs. I came here to this board many moons ago when new songs leaked and other than NEW music, I seriously don't understand the hype this shit gets.

I'm not that extreme but i do feel your POV.

The exception for me I'm interested in the TIL remix because it has new vocals that sound like they really give a different feel to the track.

But beyond that - it's new songs I want to hear - playing around with the 14 songs we already got on CD - one with an older guitar part - one with slightly different drums etc is fun from an academic standpoint to learn about music production and how different arrangements can alter a song - but I already feel that between the 2001 live versions, the 2002 live versions, the 2006 live versions, the 2009-12 live versions, and the 2016-2017 live versions - the 2006 leaks and the 2008 album - we've already milked these songs to death.

I'll take a professionally produced remix or a remaster or something if it comes out but beyond that - i'm at the stage where I can accept the CD as it was.

What I'd like are these other lost parts of Axl's creativity - the unreleased songs. Silkworms, Jackie Chan etc. Those to me are a lot more interesting than minor variations on stuff that we already have. As I said - TIL being the exception due to that insane vocal track!

Besides the blues 2001 and CD 2001, I want to hear new songs but from that 2000-2002 era.

i dont want to hear anything new that BBF ruined like he did with the CD songs.   So like if we get the general for example, I want the version before BBF got on it.  The earlier the better

Board footer