You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

Voodoochild wrote:
zombux wrote:

yes, totally forgot about Baz talking about Sorry. now - was he talking about it, because it was going to be included in the tracklist (that's the case I think), or was it included in the tracklist, because he was talking about it? classic chicken-egg thing, LOL.
and yes, about the titles, we might probably never know. that era is 20 years ago, and probably even Axl doesn't care anymore.

Baz also talked about The General, but that song never made it to CD. And Checkmate wasnt on the tracklist either.

Nobody - at least in public - mentioned Going Down before it showed up as a setlist option in 2011.

Guess we ended up with the majority of the CD already spoiled because those were the songs being worked on and more "out there", bouncing between the band, TB, engineers and execs.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:
zombux wrote:

yes, totally forgot about Baz talking about Sorry. now - was he talking about it, because it was going to be included in the tracklist (that's the case I think), or was it included in the tracklist, because he was talking about it? classic chicken-egg thing, LOL.
and yes, about the titles, we might probably never know. that era is 20 years ago, and probably even Axl doesn't care anymore.

Baz also talked about The General, but that song never made it to CD. And Checkmate wasnt on the tracklist either.

Nobody - at least in public - mentioned Going Down before it showed up as a setlist option in 2011.

Guess we ended up with the majority of the CD already spoiled because those were the songs being worked on and more "out there", bouncing between the band, TB, engineers and execs.

I am going to guess that going down was an outtake from one of Tommys solo albums that just so happened to have Axl doing backing vocals.

It sounds like something that would have fit perfectly on VGH.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:
zombux wrote:

I am going to guess that going down was an outtake from one of Tommys solo albums that just so happened to have Axl doing backing vocals.

Nah, Bucket originally did the guitar work and i dont see him on a Tommy album. Tommy mentioned a long time ago he had written a bunch of stuff for GN'R and there was debate on whether he did the vocals for any of them or not.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

Nah, Bucket originally did the guitar work and i dont see him on a Tommy album. Tommy mentioned a long time ago he had written a bunch of stuff for GN'R and there was debate on whether he did the vocals for any of them or not.

Oh good to know, the song never would have fit on a GNR album, it doesnt fit GNRs style, CD or classic gnr for that matter.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I love Going Down. Would have been cool on an album. Maybe Duff could sing it?

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

It's a good tune. Shame we got it in such mediocre quality, though.

I also agree that it sounds like something off VGH.

I (obviously) don't know the origin of the song but they could've been recorded around the same period.

God... All of this is just making me feel depressed. Tremendous waste of potential - and time.

We're not working on all this to keep it buried.

That quote is now 18 years old. *sigh*

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

misterID wrote:

I agree, it sounds like an organic song written in a more traditional way, rather than the cut n paste feel a lot of CD suffers from.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

Its a good song its just not a good GNR song if that makes sense.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
zombux wrote:

the intro is OK, but it should never be a part of the actual track, it should always have been a separate track. now it's ridiculous to play the song and wait for 1 minute until it actually starts.

yeah I had to set my itunes to make the song start at 0:59. I think the intro is cool - but you only want that build up when listening to the album in full not as part of a playlist or something.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
zombux wrote:

the intro is OK, but it should never be a part of the actual track, it should always have been a separate track. now it's ridiculous to play the song and wait for 1 minute until it actually starts.

yeah I had to set my itunes to make the song start at 0:59. I think the intro is cool - but you only want that build up when listening to the album in full not as part of a playlist or something.

1:11 is the best place to start, you don't even need the intro tease either, that is only cool for when its live.  But for a song its dumb IMO

Board footer