You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

Re: melissa & brain perform sorry remix at nba halftime show

dalethirsty wrote:

hell yeah! i was really hoping they would make this a thing and do more performances.

if this continues, we may actually get to hear more of the this i love remix. its hip-hop feel would lend well to an nba halftime show.

the end of if the world sounded differently than the last time we heard them do it. sounded like some bucket samples in there towards the end! with brain still being close to the guns camp, it's a bit strange to me that he hasn't been able to mend the relationship between axl and bucket... i mean, feelings were definitely hurt on both sides, but it was all just a big misunderstanding, really. i don't see him ever coming back in any sort of capacity, but it'd be cool if they could at least make peace at this point, especially considering bucket's health problems.

anywho, i'd love to see brain & melissa make this a formal thing and do some sort of tour. i'd buy a ticket in an instant.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My take is that sorry sung by a girl has an interesting different vibe, that's a fun arrangement.

To be honest the rest of it - the cool bits are just the Axl vocals. Like "If the world" sounds cool cos Axl always sounded cool singing that. Can't get into that arrangement of better either personally.

It's cool they're doing stuff though I guess.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

the-job-of-a-dj-107172.jpg

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

if this continues, we may actually get to hear more of the this i love remix.

actually, if they keep doing this, we might get a bit of the unknown sixth remix song smile

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
otto wrote:

Besides that, I really think Axl should put some experimental work out of his system with Brain, Melissa and anyone else, release it as a solo project and refocus on Guns N' Roses with Slash and Duff shuffling around more traditional songs on the vault.

Actually that's a really good idea.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

once the dust settles after this massive tour is over, i'd love to see axl finally embark on a solo career.

being freed from the pressure, unreal expectations and label contracts would allow to more easily explore new sounds, ideas and avenues.

he's mentioned wanting to do film scores, and i think we'd all agree on how badass that would be. projects with brain and melissa would be equally cool.

call me crazy, but i'd almost be more interested in an axl rose solo record than a new guns n roses record. i think he'd be more confident to get more experimental, and the fans would be more open to it since it doesn't have the gnr name and history attached to it.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

once the dust settles after this massive tour is over, i'd love to see axl finally embark on a solo career.

being freed from the pressure, unreal expectations and label contracts would allow to more easily explore new sounds, ideas and avenues.

I actually think that label contracts are what prevent him from going solo.

Board footer