You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Getting Fit and Staying That Way

Neemo wrote:

For a couple years ive just felt that something wasnt right with me...tried several things and in the spring i went and got tested for sleep apnea...turns out i was dying a little bit each each night while i slept...stopped breathing 66 times and hour for 10 seconds or more each time

I got fitted for a cpap machine and Doc told me to lose some weight

When i actually sleep, it turns out that i have much more energy and focus...hired a nutritionist for a couple months to help me change my eating habits and start a basic live heathy daily routine

In late May i was a fat bastard at 268 lbs...today when i weighed in im at 221 lbs...i hope i can keep at it during the winter months

I don't go overboard...just smarter eating and using my fitbit to count daily steps...myfitnesspal helps me stick to my calorie goals ... i do some pushups....i still treat myself to the odd drink and occasional sweets ... I wish i would've did this years ago ... i feel soo much better these days

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, great to hear Neemo. I've been lucky to have been born kinda thin. I was "skinny" as a kid so it wasn't always the greatest (sports, girls etc) but its paid its dividends as an adult. What concerns me is maybe I just don't show my unhealthy appetite, but I eat fairly good, just splurge now & then.

Grab an EDM channel on Pandora or something, I found 120+ beats per minute just pumps me up sometimes. Makes it tough to keep up for the duration but it can be a motivating pick me up.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I tried jogging for a couple days and i hurt my back...so maybe ill give it a go in the spring again...til then im just sticking with core exercises and a couple yoga poses

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Listen while you do some pushups, and jumping jacks. Gets you goin man lol 3

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Congrats man. My dad had sleep apnea that went untreated for years and led and exacerbated to all of his health issues. You're basically drowning in your sleep as it's cutting off oxygen to your brain.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I tried jogging for a couple days and i hurt my back...so maybe ill give it a go in the spring again...til then im just sticking with core exercises and a couple yoga poses

I recommend brisk walking instead to be honest. Jogging is hard on the joints, and IMO simply not necessary to lose weight. Walk briskly (enough to be short of breath if you were having a conversation) for 20 minutes and that's enough.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Congrats Neemo!!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I recommend brisk walking instead to be honest. Jogging is hard on the joints, and IMO simply not necessary to lose weight. Walk briskly (enough to be short of breath if you were having a conversation) for 20 minutes and that's enough.

I agree. Bikings good for you too.

johndivney wrote:

Fucking awesome post neemo. Great news! Keep up the good work!

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Thanks for the advice and congrats everybody smile

When its just me and the dog i walk fast but my wife gets upset if i walk to fast when shes with me...lol

Board footer