You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Dave Grohl appears w/Guns for PC

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone see this?

[youtube][embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxcZkkoUs2I[/youtube][/embed]

Pretty rockin

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

ugh... full Mickey

auad
 Rep: 3 

auad wrote:

Although NIrvana has been one of my favorite bands ever, I do not like this guy, I hate everything he's involved in. is a party rice (Brazilian term that refers to people who appear at all, saturate the exhibition), and of course GNR would play with it someday.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

given their history, this was pretty cool. hopefully kurt isn't rolling over in his grave.

i'd REALLY love to hear him drum on chinese democracy live. imagine that -- slash's badass guitar works with dave's huge fuckin' drum sound. it'd easily be the definitive version of that song!

i mean, dave's drumming on smells like teen spirit was the inspiration for the drums in chinese democracy, so it would only make sense.

Scott Rowley wrote:

The two men sat and talked for six hours straight as Axl filled him in on the state of Chinese Democracy. Fully briefed, the next day Zoot entered the studio without Axl. The first task set him by the singer was to help with the drum sound for the album’s title track. Axl had told the studio guys that he wanted the same drum sound as Dave Grohl on Nirvana’s Smells Like Teen Spirit. The production crew would claim they had it, but Axl wouldn’t be satisfied. Zutaut asked Roy Thomas Baker and the engineer to play what they had, and found himself agreeing with Axl.

“I’m gonna take a break but I’ll be back,” Tom told them and then he did the only sensible thing: “I went and bought Nevermind at the local Tower Records.” Back in the studio, they compared the two and set to work making the GN’R drummer sound exactly like Grohl. “I guess maybe they heard the Nirvana hits on the radio and they just thought that they knew the sound, but none of them had thought to just go buy the album and listen to it.”

They sent the finished thing over the Axl who called Zutaut straight away: “I’ve only been asking for that for, like, six fucking months!” he said. “You don’t understand: I’ve been losing my fucking mind! I ask you for something, I get it. I’ve been asking other people and they can’t get it?!”

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

given their history, this was pretty cool. hopefully kurt isn't rolling over in his grave.

i'd REALLY love to hear him drum on chinese democracy live. imagine that -- slash's badass guitar works with dave's huge fuckin' drum sound. it'd easily be the definitive version of that song!

i mean, dave's drumming on smells like teen spirit was the inspiration for the drums in chinese democracy, so it would only make sense.

Scott Rowley wrote:

The two men sat and talked for six hours straight as Axl filled him in on the state of Chinese Democracy. Fully briefed, the next day Zoot entered the studio without Axl. The first task set him by the singer was to help with the drum sound for the album’s title track. Axl had told the studio guys that he wanted the same drum sound as Dave Grohl on Nirvana’s Smells Like Teen Spirit. The production crew would claim they had it, but Axl wouldn’t be satisfied. Zutaut asked Roy Thomas Baker and the engineer to play what they had, and found himself agreeing with Axl.

“I’m gonna take a break but I’ll be back,” Tom told them and then he did the only sensible thing: “I went and bought Nevermind at the local Tower Records.” Back in the studio, they compared the two and set to work making the GN’R drummer sound exactly like Grohl. “I guess maybe they heard the Nirvana hits on the radio and they just thought that they knew the sound, but none of them had thought to just go buy the album and listen to it.”

They sent the finished thing over the Axl who called Zutaut straight away: “I’ve only been asking for that for, like, six fucking months!” he said. “You don’t understand: I’ve been losing my fucking mind! I ask you for something, I get it. I’ve been asking other people and they can’t get it?!”

My thoughts excatly... smile

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

This shit is exactly why I didn't want a reunion.

Rubbing elbows with the Pink's and Dave Grohl's of the world. Cheeseball musicians.

But artistic credibility doesn't pay the bills these days. Enjoy the cake.

auad
 Rep: 3 

auad wrote:

It's worse than I thought.
I thought the "guy" played drums on that ... but no, he played the guitar!
Why this Axl? even you have entered the list of this asshole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6iS4OtLAns

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

auad wrote:

It's worse than I thought.
I thought the "guy" played drums on that ... but no, he played the guitar!
Why this Axl? even you have entered the list of this asshole.

Get a grip, mate, it's just a bit of fun. Anyway, Axl wanted to work with Grohl as far back as '94, he finally got his wish.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree Grohls a bit all over the place & seems to have his hands into everything, 'oversaturated' was a good term, but you can't deny he's not a nice guy. Fan friendly, and a massive talent!  He's loving every second of it, yet hamming it up for the fans as well.  Like the Foo Fighters or not, you gotta admit he's skilled at both drums &  guitar.

And yeah, cool to do givens Guns relationship with Nirvana. Axls a bit winded in this, wish he saved his voice a bit better for this event. Man, how epic would it be if BH paid a visit for just 1 show.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Fuck this tool.

Board footer