You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Getting Fit and Staying That Way

Rex wrote:

Good job man. I've been going through something similar myself. I've lost about 40 pounds in the past year thanks to the Keto diet, and it also helps me manage diabetes lol.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Congrats rex thats awesome!

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I've hit my second goal weight (220lbs)

I'm down 48 lbs from when i started (about 6 and a half months ago)

Im not sure if i keep going or try to maintain now...if u look up bmi for my height and age it says 198ish is ideal weight for me

Any thoughts?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I  say you go for 210. 220 is great but if u bounce up 10 lbs you're back to 230. IMHO fluctuating from 210-220 is prime real estate for you lol. Although, if you maintain a good 220 thru the holidays, then come New Years you could really try to maintain it and drop the 10 lbs slowly over time, the course of Jan-Feb. Rather than an all out binge.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Good job! I lost a lot of weight when I took up Tae Kwan Do. The summer that I had to test for my black belt, I probably lost 5 to 10 pounds. That was a few years ago. I've gained a few back, to be sure, because I quit going to TKD. Putting it back on is easy so be careful.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I've hit my second goal weight (220lbs)

Im not sure if i keep going or try to maintain now...if u look up bmi for my height and age it says 198ish is ideal weight for me

Any thoughts?

Congrats!

I can't speak to your ideal weight, but I will say a few words about it in general.

1) Don't get too focused on the number itself. I've had weight loss that was swift, then plateaued for months, before dropping sharply over the course of a month. Diet and exercise remained the same during that time. I've seen people lose very little weight and have an entirely different physique over the course of a year too. If they went solely by numbers, they may have given up.

2) Find an additional way to gauge progress. I recommend taking body measurements. You may not lose weight, but your body may recompose  itself. This could be true especially if you are lifting weights.

3) Look out at the horizon. What are your long term health goals? What do you need to do every day to achieve them? Slow and steady wins the race, and also has a lower chance of dying from a preventable disease.

You put one foot in front of the other and move forward.

Montene
 Rep: 0 

Montene wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I've found this awesome Quick Extender Pro review and hit my second goal weight (220lbs)

Any thoughts?

Way to go Neemo. 50 pounds is no small feat. How are you feeling? Do you feel like you need to drop a few more?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I'd like to shed another 10lbs if possible, but I've pretty much plateaued as the weather has gone to shit

My daily steps are way down as it's been 15 to 25 below zero for almost 2 weeks

I'm trying to keep to my 2k calories and 9 cups per day of water tho

And I've been working on my core excercises, Push-ups/Bird Dog/Chest Raises/Crunches, morning and night ... and temperature is supposed to raise next week so I'll be able to get to walking daily again hopefully

I only gained 2 lbs over the holidays tho with no tracking or weigh-ins whatsoever and I've since lost that again so that was encouraging for me

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Screw BMI and ideal weight. The most important number is body fat %.

Average man is about 20%
Obese I think is mid 20% range
10% is your average college athlete
6% I like a track star
3-5% is a professional body builder

I think 10-15% is ideal and healthy for a man.

So you know what 10% looks like, that is typically the fat percentage where you can see a nice 6 pack in your abs. 10% would be a very nice beach body.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Got my bonus and picked up a hybrid bicycle

A Giant Roam 3

My initial plans are to ride 2 or 3 times during the week and a long ride on the weekend  (an hour or 2)

I've been steady in around 215 since christmas

I tried a detox diet in March that was kinda dumb cuz it went fine after first day withdrawals but afterwards i gorged on things i had cut out of my diet and gained back the 7 or 8 pounds i had lost

Also I'm having trouble keeping consistent on my core exercises...i need to somehow make it a habit

Board footer