You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: I hung out with Tommy and Ron in the last few weeks

johndivney wrote:

Axl had this section sounded like Can at Holloween. Think it’s been replaced by a generic riff from DJ Ashba now.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

You Silkworms people are welcome to send it over. 16

Can at Halloween sounds awesome. 9

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

If that stuff was told confidentially in a private convo, it's a bit rude to share in public.

On the other hand, mentioning them at all opens a can of worms among those who'd care to hear the details.

You can't win this one tongue

A bit rude, is coming and bragging to everyone that you talked unreleased music, when you know we’re starved for info...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

For sure, but look.

Such characters in general big up their valid and existing (despite how tenuous) contacts. The aim is to get personal attention. That's why you give a little, to establish credibility. After that, you spice ultimately inconsequential things with innuendo, and get all evasive when questioned.

Walker can prove me wrong quite simply, only I fear he over-promised himself a bit, there.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Has Bumble made peace with his time in GNR? Near the end, he seemed so sad and disappointed with the whole experience, bot in terms of what touring did to his health and the lack of new studio recordings.

My hope is that he can look back at those days with pride. He brought a friendly, fun vibe to the live shows that I certainly appreciated. His smiles always made the gigs more fun.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

sorry for being a piece of shit and forgetting about this thread.

Tommy wouldn't talk about it besides saying going down was a mess, but Ron was more than happy to talk for a bit.

I started by asking Ron if he was able to tell who did what on the songs, and he said it had been so long since he recorded them (and he doesn't have a copy) that he couldn't remember exactly, sans what he did, since he's in a different channel than the rest of the band.

I then asked him if he thought anything would ever come out again, and he said he hoped it did before anyone died. I laughed but that really hit home.

Ron then told me to wait a few minutes and went backstage. Came back with his guitar and sat down on the stage right in front of me and played me There Was A Time. Played some other CD riffs and solos too (Shackler's, Chinese, Better, Prostitute, If The World). At this point other people standing beside me (this was before doors so there were maybe 5 or 6 others) were able to ask him questions so we just chatted a bit about music. He said he missed the intimacy of shows like that and asked if current lineup of GNR was doing anything like Meet and Greets like they did and I said no, it was just a touring jukebox and that Slash cared more about money than the fans. Ron said he missed the fun that the band had with him and Dj. He was talking very highly of Dj Ashba too, and said he was excited to hear the new project he (Ashba) has.

Ron played right in front of me most of the night and posed for some pictures, but I rarely have my phone out at gigs so I didn't get many. During the final song, he got down and held his guitar out and told me to hit the kill switch, so I did that while he played the notes. That was cool as fuck. Afterwords he told me stick out my hand, and he placed the pick he'd used all night in my hand so that nobody else would try and take it from me. All in all, 10/10, would see Sons of Apollo again.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

bumblefoot definitely is a bro! Glad tommy was chill too.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I would love for Ron and Bumble to tour together. Call it BumbleBucketFootHead. They are so different in terms of personality and style, they'd create something unique.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Ron and Bumble together would be amazing

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Have Ron and Bumble ever been seen in the same room together?

Board footer