You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Fall Out Boy: Guns N' Roses Should Record Their New Album With Skrille

esoterica wrote:

Axl likely doesn't have the production acumen to produce it himself and get what he wants.

It's one of the reasons why he re-recorded CD about 500 times.

They wanted the raw, live sound on Appetite and even though the songs were done and sounded great live how many producers/mixers did they go through? A small handful, at a minimum.

johndivney wrote:

Greatest record ever.

Funny, I was just listening to that and thinking about how glorious the cover is.

johndivney wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

on a side note, i wonder what type of music axl is jamming to these days?

Glen Campbell ftw.
+ Willie Nelson.

Rhinestone Cowboy seems like a dead ringer for a song Axl'd like. You might say Street of Dreams was influenced by it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Once your life is changed and you have kids...

So Axl is fine then!

He has no kids and nothing has changed since at least 2001!!! 16

johndivney wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Axl likely doesn't have the production acumen to produce it himself and get what he wants.

It's one of the reasons why he re-recorded CD about 500 times.

They wanted the raw, live sound on Appetite and even though the songs were done and sounded great live how many producers/mixers did they go through? A small handful, at a minimum.

Nah, Axls been producing Guns since day one. He just hasnt fully accepted the responsibility. Duffer even mentioned in an interview recently about the songwriting and Axl’s input. He’s the composer/producer.
Lyrics n melodies n production by Axl wouldve sorted all the baldy head iovine & rtb bullshit. Acumen to push a few knobs ffs? Gimme a break if Caram Costanzo can produce a song fuckin Axl Rose can. He’s no less knowledgeable or talented than the millions of people who have produced records.

johndivney wrote:

He’s more qualified to produce a Guns n fuckin Roses record than fuckin skrillex or some poser prat big mouth fuck from fall out boy.

Axl is Guns n Roses ffs. It’s time he started living up to his responsibility instead of playing house with Angus & cashing in with Nitl. He’s a fucking pussy,

johndivney wrote:

You aeriously think this twat has more acumen & knowledge to produce a GnR album than fuckin Axl?!
Wtf?!
220px-Roy_Thomas_Baker_by_Tere_Baker_crop_2.jpg
This guy is a fucking tool & Axl wrote more great songs in a couple of years than that fucker “produced” his entire career. Decisions like trusting evil outsiders like RTB make me pity Axl actually. They’re just more of the real greedy fuckers who killed it.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Axl is Guns n Roses ffs. It’s time he started living up to his responsibility instead of playing house with Angus & cashing in with Nitl.

No argument from me here.

johndivney wrote:

Gimme a break if Caram Costanzo can produce a song fuckin Axl Rose can.

If Axl can nail the production style, sound, and mix it be my guest but guys like Iggy (re)mixed their songs and turned something good (that Bowie mixed) and turned it into unlistenable garbage.

Caram and 6 years of Axl’s tweedle-dee procrasterbation did the same so I’m not exactly confident in the collective’s abilities.

I’d be remiss to mention the multi-thousand dollar game of “How many people does it take to buy a copy of Nevermind” they played too.

johndivney wrote:

RTB.jpg

The best versions of CD songs are the Piazza / Trunk versions of TWAT and IRS which probably are from old paleface here so I tend to give the guy a pass.

Books, covers.

Board footer