You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Zodiac and Deconstructing Axl Rose

esoterica wrote:

-

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

That's curious, thanks for compiling it all. 22

Axl's own interest towards the Zodiac killer has likely obfuscated the meaning of the song title. Mind you, TSI? has some Zodiac code on the cover art, spelling out FUCKEM ALL.

Axl's own morse code admission that Chinese Democracy is "what got through the red tape".

I'd like to see the actual quote on that.

Overall, it's a curious suggestion that CD2 (Stay of Execution?) would feature more politically/environmentally tinged lyrics. That's likely to cause issues. Procrastination is one thing, if you're the top dog, but having your views on the world slapped into a corporate product in plain English - that's actually a more unsettling prospect. In the far end, that's biting the hand that feeds.

Axl approached Youth of Killing Joke to produce CD at one point. Surely, he was aware of KJ's brand of lyrics.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Axl's own morse code admission that Chinese Democracy is "what got through the red tape".

I'd like to see the actual quote on that.

From the CD.com chats:

Q: "Chinese Democracy" is awesome, but it's a pretty ballady album compared to previous GN'R albums. Is this the new direction of GN'R or will some of the future GN'R albums be more focused on hard-rocking songs again?

Axl: What I know is it's the record that was able to get through the red tape and get itself out there while helping friends, loved ones and myself along the way. The whole ballad or rocker thing has never been something I've ever cared too much about. There's some meaner sections ahead, but a particular focus once there were a few of the newer guys together was to bring a bit more beauty into our efforts.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-ro … right-now/

It doesn't scream artistic agency to me.

apex-twin wrote:

Overall, it's a curious suggestion that CD2 (Stay of Execution?) would feature more politically/environmentally tinged lyrics. That's likely to cause issues. Procrastination is one thing, if you're the top dog, but having your views on the world slapped into a corporate product in plain English - that's actually a more unsettling prospect. In the far end, that's biting the hand that feeds.

Speaking of youth, moments like these made an impression in mine.

Axl Rose, RIR2 wrote:

...and when the poor, come down from the hill, at night, and the government and the merchants sends the death squads out, to remove the beggar, keep them out of the way of the rich, to keeping the slums from coming down into the city, you gotta watch your ass homeboy, cause I haven't been to that many places, but do you know where you motherfuckers live? I said do you know where you live? You know where you are? You're in the jungle baby! Rio de Janeiro jungle baby! And I did you watch your ass! You gonna diiiiie!

I wouldn't think it'd be that overt but you know, past tendencies and such.

Board footer