You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

esoterica wrote:

This domain was registered in late March by Universal Corporate.

http://gnr.fm

Advertisements with the AFD5 skulls, the tagline "Destruction Is Coming", and an accompanying hashtag #AppetiteForDestruction.

j9nwc61.png

fJiAcwA.jpg

What do you think this about?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Guessing a remastered or bonus version of AFD, but hoping for something more.  Maybe the AFD5 playing the whole album?  It certainly hints at the full band doing something.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

afd deluxe edition boxset?!

remaster of the original record?!

a show with the original 5?!

flash sale of $35 afd sweaters and socks?!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

18 18 18

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The domain is short and snappy. It works for marketing purposes.

But I don't really understand why you'd establish a new domain just to promote a tour or even an album.

A closed wall streaming platform seems too ambitious. High cost, high bandwidth stuff for a 30 year old band.

I hope it's because they're releasing a new album called Appetite For Destruction II. 14

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

this band is fucking terrible.

yeah let's celebrate the 31st anniversary of an album after ignoring literally every other anniversary, INCLUDING THE 30TH, WHICH LANDED THE YEAR OF THE BIGGEST REUNION TOUR IN HISTORY, AND THE FOURTH BIGGEST TOUR PERIOD IN HISTORY, IN SOLD OUT NFL STADIUMS AND SOLD OUT INTERNATIONAL STADIUMS.

FUCK GNR.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

GN’R - the band that seems to do every fucken thing WRONG...

I hope we get something cool from this, but history has told me never to get my hopes up high with this band.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Interested....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So here's my thinking:

Best Case: AFD Remaster Reissue + AFD Themed Live Show with Original 5 - Live Streamed on FM radio.

Middle Case: AFD Remaster Reissue + AFD Themed Live Show with Current (Melissa/Richard/Frank) line up - live streamed of FM radio,

Worse Case: No AFD Remaster, Current (Melissa/Richard/Frank) Band do one off AFD themed show - Live Streamed on FM radio.

The most logical is the middle one IMO. My reasoning is:

- They used the original pics before without having the real band during the NITL shows.
- Original Band shows unlikely given steven was only bitching about it a few days ago
- we're also not that lucky.
- I figure it must at least be some type of release to have record label involvment.
- the live streaming seems like a reason for it to be a .fm site.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Walker wrote:

this band is fucking terrible.

yeah let's celebrate the 31st anniversary of an album after ignoring literally every other anniversary, INCLUDING THE 30TH, WHICH LANDED THE YEAR OF THE BIGGEST REUNION TOUR IN HISTORY, AND THE FOURTH BIGGEST TOUR PERIOD IN HISTORY, IN SOLD OUT NFL STADIUMS AND SOLD OUT INTERNATIONAL STADIUMS.

FUCK GNR.

this.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

So here's my thinking:

Best Case: AFD Remaster Reissue + AFD Themed Live Show with Original 5 - Live Streamed on FM radio.

Middle Case: AFD Remaster Reissue + AFD Themed Live Show with Current (Melissa/Richard/Frank) line up - live streamed of FM radio,

Worse Case: No AFD Remaster, Current (Melissa/Richard/Frank) Band do one off AFD themed show - Live Streamed on FM radio.

The most logical is the middle one IMO. My reasoning is:

- They used the original pics before without having the real band during the NITL shows.
- Original Band shows unlikely given steven was only bitching about it a few days ago
- we're also not that lucky.
- I figure it must at least be some type of release to have record label involvment.
- the live streaming seems like a reason for it to be a .fm site.

I'm leaning towards option two (except what we'll probably get is another Apollo show – a small-audience club gig to warm up for the festival tour, but with the standard setlist). The only thing that gives me pause is that they're using all five AFD skulls in the advertising – previously they've been careful to only use the Axl, Slash and Duff skulls for promo/video backdrops etc. But then again, Popcorn running his mouth off suggests that he won't be involved...

Board footer