You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

It'd be amazing if we got a box set with the '99 version included on one of the disks. That'll never happen though.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

Am I mistaken, or is it a new recording? How does this make me excited, well today that I am sad.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It'd be amazing if we got a box set with the '99 version included on one of the disks. That'll never happen though.

It'd also be amazing if the Rick Rubin thing was real and they just re-recorded Appetite.

I'd love to have that 1999 thing though.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

the first thing that came right to my mind when listening to that SOYL was... Hollywood Rose - Roots of GNR - Fred Coury's and Gilby Clarke's remixes. this has similarly flat sound, with additional guitar licks (sounds like when BBF added the fretless licks to ChiDem, LOL!)
on the other hand, the voice has Mickey. maybe a recent re-recording. but also it's clean, just like in pre-AFD era. weird.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

It sounds like the same recording, imo.

I'm hardly on an expert on that song or era though.

The originals and Lies had this faux live effect on them so this is just more true to life. They still are going with a live sound style but with a traditional mix and no garbage audience overdubs or pumped in noise.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Apparently a billboard's gone up in Berlin, too:

https://i.imgur.com/wdMZIgn.jpg

Which points towards the box-set theory. It also splashes a bit of cold water on the "secret gig" theory, too.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

GnR web radio is my guess

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I hope there's more to this than Shadow of Your Love - considering that was a B-side on one of my 1990s GNR CD-singles.

It's a good sign that there's more than just the original AFD i guess. But i'm really hoping for something a little less obvious.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Neemo wrote:

GnR web radio is my guess

i wonder what that would look like.

pay a subscription fee every month for access to streams that occasionally play unreleased, rare, and maybe even new stuff? starting with a remastered appetite for destruction and maybe some touched up demos?

or is this just a dumb social media gimmick that plays the same shit that's on spotify?

or maybe it's all just a platform for a remastered afd?

in any case, gnr fans made it very clear over the past 2 years that we are willing to spend money on this band. a record label would naturally want to profit off of that. if we aren't getting a record anytime soon, maybe this is a way to bridge the gap, keep a buzz going and get some additional revenue in for the label?

this would be an AMAZING step forward for the band if this became a way of sharing music with the fans.

if they put atlas shrugged on gnr.fm for a $2 mp3 download, it would bring in a million dollars within a month.

axl and duff had dinner the other night with beta. dinner seems to be axl's favorite way to do business. perhaps they were breaking bread and discussing the future of this new venture together? at some point, the people involved here have to wake up and realize that they have way too much material to keep it all buried, so to speak.

let a man dream!

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

If we employ Axl's razor, it's going to be the lowest scale thing possible.

The ground floor is a Sirius XM partnership live streamed on GN'R's website.

The floor above that is a re-release of AFD that rekindles the fire of this year's tour. The release will naturally be months off.

As a note, GunsNRoses.com now redirects to GNR.fm.

My personal wish would be an Axl-curated playlist that is new each month and comes with a new GNR track every month.

Board footer