You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Trip to England

Neemo wrote:

I'm headed to southern England on Friday

Any suggestions on things to see and do?

Will be my first time over seas and im only there for about 5 days

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

So we went to poole, christchurch, bournemouth and central london

Was kind if a whirlwind tour but an amazing country for what i got to witness...hopefully i dont get run over by traffic back in canada for looking the wrong way when crossing the street! Lol

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Shucks, missed this thread. I've never been overseas, would love to go. How is it, how's London?  Massive.

I'd bet tourism at near record highs with the wedding this weekend.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Yea london is huge

We were only in and around central london...buckimham palace, Westminster abbey...etc etc

I'd bet u would need a week just to see all of london properly

The architecture is amazing...both old and new...but very pricey

I think with my wife, the 2 kids amd myself we spent about 2 grand cdn not incl flights and hotels

The british pound is $1.89 CDN tho

We were in the middle of a turkish protest over their prime minister (who was in the city) ...that was a bit frightening, tho nothing happened while we were there, the police had the riot gear on tho

And apparently we saw him leaving the royal palace to go to the embassy...security was pretty serious when they opened the gates to drive out...guards with assault rifles in han

Anyway i tried to talk the wife into staying a few more days but she said no...id go back in a heartbeat

I wanted to see whitechapel (jack the ripper sites) but we didnt have time

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Missed this thread before you went Neemo.

Glad you enjoyed it. The south coast is nice, Cornwall, Devon and Dorest are all good to visit. Never been to Bournemouth but I loved Poole as a kid, catching fish off the harbour.

Yeah London is pretty big and pricey but I do love going.

As a general rule the further north you go in the UK the cheaper things get.

If you ever come back I’d recommend visiting the Cotswolds if you like the olde worlde stuff. It’s about 1.30 hours out of London.

I stayed in Whitechapel last year for the GNR gig. If you enjoy Bangladeshi culture it’s great, otherwise not so much 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Yea i was hoping we might have met for a pint to talk about Megan and Harry for a bit...lol

Board footer