You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

Re: Silkworms - General discussion and Rumors

AndreCC wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2DHSM5jj_k

What do you think will happen to this song? Do you think this song is definitely shelved, or will it be released eventually on a CD Boxset?

Do you think Slash and Duff will re-record it with their parts? Do you think they will write new lyrics ?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It was already re-recorded since rio. So there's already a bumblefoot era version thats a bit different.

It changed the chorus section and although its still electronic sounding in the way of all the CD era songs its WAY more guitar based than that rio synth version.

My opinion is that although you wouldn't know it from that rio performance, the underlying guitar riff is actually quite rock based, I think if Slash re-recorded it - then it would end up sounding a lot like a Led Zep kinda song - almost like something like "Whole Lotta Love". I know that sounds worlds away from what you posted - but the way he "rocked up" the Chinese Democracy riffs could be applied very easily to the more recent versions of Silkworms.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I don't think we'll ever hear it unless it leaks.

God willing some kind soul will reward us in celebration of 10 years of Chinese Democracy ...

AndreCC

AndreCC wrote:

On the 20 seconds clip of the studio leak, it seems like Axl's voice has some sound effects in it, can someone confirm if those sound effects last for the whole song? Is there any rasp in Axl's voice on the rest of the song?

The guitars underneath the effects sound like something Pink Floyd would write, but obviously with a modern digital twist.

I'm more interested in the 2000 version of the song, but it would be nice to hear any version of this song.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

yes, axl sings like that throughout the song

AndreCC

AndreCC wrote:
Walker wrote:

Is that little stop mid way through the song with the sound effects still there, on the newest version?

Walker

Walker wrote:

edit

AndreCC

AndreCC wrote:
Walker wrote:

yes and no. it’s different, but still there. the chorus is gone tho (so what could i do/with a bitch like you/all i...through the last bitch like you)

Yeap, that I know, the chorus is just one word , it wouldn't surprise me if they named the song after the Chorus, if they decided that Silkworms was just a working title.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Walker wrote:

what is buckethead's involvement on the song?

Walker

Walker wrote:

edit

Board footer