You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Ghost

Rex wrote:

Cool proshot vid of them during Hellfest

http://concert.arte.tv/fr/ghost-au-hellfest

Rex

Rex wrote:

Ghost's new album "Prequelle" drops on Friday, June 1. Here's a couple of tracks off that.

Rex

Rex wrote:

I'm mostly digging this new direction. I saw them live in Riverside on May 5th, and they have upped their stage production considerably. There's more people onstage, and most of the vocals and things are live. Only things they are still using tape for is intros to songs and orchestral stuff. Definitely recommend checking them out this tour. They're also headlining a couple of arena dates so things are looking up for this band.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah I saw them live with Maiden last year and they were fucking great. I've been getting into them more and more over the past year or so. Looking forward to the new album.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I don't like their older songs - just nothing interesting for me. but Rats is quite a catchy pop rock smile

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

If you told me this was Sex Panther or whatever that joke 80s band is, I would believe you.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Rex wrote:

Ghost's new album "Prequelle" drops on Friday, June 1. Here's a couple of tracks off that.

Dance Macabre is the song of the year. It’s full-on pop, yeah, but so catchy and memorable. The hook was stuck in my head for days after 1 listen.

And there’s actually some really clever lyrical things going on when you know the song is about the plague and spending your last hours alive making the most of every second.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I learned about this album here, I think, and I randomly saw it on my Amazon thing and I thought... fuck it, I'm giving these guys a chance. The vinyl is beautiful and they have all the old school horror vibe (they steal everything visually in the Rats video from other horror films - but at least they are artistic and visual about it, like KISS, but to a hardcore horror fan, despite the average viewer not having a clue it's all stolen). At least it isn't Rob Zombie retardation... well besides the white horse in the video... which is also akin to spaghetti western ideals where he who rides the white horse is a ghost.

Rex

Rex wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Rex wrote:

Dance Macabre is the song of the year. It’s full-on pop, yeah, but so catchy and memorable. The hook was stuck in my head for days after 1 listen.

And there’s actually some really clever lyrical things going on when you know the song is about the plague and spending your last hours alive making the most of every second.

Yeah, the singer said in some interviews that the song is just about fucking and partying since everybody was dying in those days lol

I learned about this album here, I think, and I randomly saw it on my Amazon thing and I thought... fuck it, I'm giving these guys a chance. The vinyl is beautiful and they have all the old school horror vibe (they steal everything visually in the Rats video from other horror films - but at least they are artistic and visual about it, like KISS, but to a hardcore horror fan, despite the average viewer not having a clue it's all stolen). At least it isn't Rob Zombie retardation... well besides the white horse in the video... which is also akin to spaghetti western ideals where he who rides the white horse is a ghost.

Yeah, the video is also a reference to "the dancing plague" where people would just dance for no reason until they died.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
Rex wrote:

Yeah, the video is also a reference to "the dancing plague" where people would just dance for no reason until they died.

That is a very interesting tidbit that is certainly well deserved, but I like to call it "paying tribute to Thriller" haha. This guy knows exactly what he's doing, he's taking inspiration from the best and I'm fine with that because the other option is depressing metal with overly violent/hard imagery just for the sake of it and because they don't understand the material they're inspired by. Kind of like Necrophagia would take quality b-horror films and make them look imbecilic with their dumb shit, these guys actually give respect and I'm ok with that.

Board footer