You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Ghost

bigbri wrote:

I’ve given the album two good listens since it came out today.

It’s pretty good but i have a few complaints.
-First, at 40 minutes it’s a little short, especially considering 3 of the tracks are instrumentals.
-We already heard the best songs before we even had this. Rats and Dance Macabre are just incredible tunes, but the drop off to the next tier of songs is steep.
-Too ballad heavy. It needs a Mummy Dust-type rocker. If it had one more heavy tune, it solves all three of these issues.

It’s ballsy having two full-length instrumentals. I like that courage. 30 years later i’m still waiting for Slash to have that type of courage.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
bigbri wrote:

-First, at 40 minutes it’s a little short, especially considering 3 of the tracks are instrumentals.
-We already heard the best songs before we even had this. Rats and Dance Macabre are just incredible tunes, but the drop off to the next tier of songs is steep.
-Too ballad heavy. It needs a Mummy Dust-type rocker. If it had one more heavy tune, it solves all three of these issues.

It’s ballsy having two full-length instrumentals. I like that courage. 30 years later i’m still waiting for Slash to have that type of courage.

Slash did have "Watch This", which was awesome, but at the same time, I think the best riffs you have should go to create the best song - and that's usually with lyrics.

Thanks for the review, bud. It put my expectations in check for this album and since I did buy it on vinyl, I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed from too high expectations. Not that my expectations were super high, but I would have been a little irked at 3 instrumentals considering didn't the OG band quit before this release?

Either way, I'm still looking forward to it, I'll post in when my shipment comes in a week or so!

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Brett wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Slash did have "Watch This", which was awesome, but at the same time, I think the best riffs you have should go to create the best song - and that's usually with lyrics.

Thanks for the review, bud. It put my expectations in check for this album and since I did buy it on vinyl, I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed from too high expectations. Not that my expectations were super high, but I would have been a little irked at 3 instrumentals considering didn't the OG band quit before this release?

Either way, I'm still looking forward to it, I'll post in when my shipment comes in a week or so!

It’s still great, don’t get me wrong.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Is Faith not in the same vein as Mummy Dust? That song fuckin rocks my socks off.

This record is such a weird collection of tunes, but I love it. I have been listening back to back since Thursday.

Miasma is fucking awesome as well. I want to take some LSD and float through space to this song haha. Witch Image is really great as well.

I really feel like this album is a Sonic landscape of synth and guitar, with Tobbe using his voice as an instrument as well with the heavy layering of vocals.

I need to give it some more listens before I can say where it falls on Ghosts discography, but I am heavily digging it.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, Faith is a pretty heavy one; I just think it needs another. It’s a little short for me and a bit on the lite side. One more heavy tune would balance it for me.

Rex

Rex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah, Faith is a pretty heavy one; I just think it needs another. It’s a little short for me and a bit on the lite side. One more heavy tune would balance it for me.

Yeah, I wouldn't have minded that either. Did you get a chance to hear the 2 cover versions on the deluxe album? If not, I have some download codes I can give out.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Rex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't have minded that either. Did you get a chance to hear the 2 cover versions on the deluxe album? If not, I have some download codes I can give out.

I haven't gotten the deluxe version yet. It wasn't at Target whenI was there Sunday. I look forward to your PM!

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

"Prequelle" is going to debut in the top 5 on the U.S. album chart.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ghosts … u-s-debut/

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

New Ghost dates. Finally got Chicago in there, but it falls on my son's birthday. I've seen them twice already. Might have to be a good dad and skip it.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/thebandghost/events/

Rex

Rex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

New Ghost dates. Finally got Chicago in there, but it falls on my son's birthday. I've seen them twice already. Might have to be a good dad and skip it.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/thebandghost/events/

Hmm, Sacramento is closer, but I have a buddy out in San Jose. Either way, I'll be going. I already went to Riverside earlier this year, but I bet they're going to add more new tracks to the set.

Board footer