You are not logged in. Please register or login.

benny
 Rep: 0 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

benny wrote:
zombux wrote:
ZeroMortals7 wrote:

It's killing me we're missing 8 seconds on If The World remix. It sounds better and sounds like a better effort from Brain than the Shackler's remix. It kills me how the remix cuts off like that. I want to hear it through. I want to hear Brain's If The World complete with those missing seconds!

you can say "THANK YOU" to hoarders' mind games, trying to scam one another with releasing half-baked watered down stuff... this started already in 2012 with releasing Better Gone and BITW in complete versions, then in 2013 Going Down was released together with the remaining two Betters and then only some "teaser" with 16 seconds of each remaining. the fans have been fucked with for 5 years, while there were some stupid mind games in the background, with some people keeping songs and acting like they are in possession of nuclear vault keys or passwords to US president's office. ridiculous. I hope ITW will be completely out soon, and that's it for me.

Yep, just like those leaks of the Chinese Democracy tracks in I believe it was 2007 where those annoying sounds were added to the tracks as mind games before they were leaked.  I agree, hopefully ITW will fully leak soon.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
faldor wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Are u talking about an actual sub section in gnr or downloads where links can be posted? Or just a sticky topic with links? Or are u thinking a chronological timeline of what leaked and what was found to be fake?

I think a list of the song titles and date would be sufficient. The actual songs would present legal problems.

I don't remember that many but speaking of fakes, the Axl space alien cover is one of my favorites from the whole saga. I get all sentimental thinking about it.

I’d be in favor of a list of everything that has leaked. I’ve been out of the loop since becoming a father 9 months ago. Drastic life change, as many of you are well aware. I’ve been reading along and trying to keep up with the latest leaks but really haven’t had the time to seek them out. So instead of sifting through page after page, I think it’d be a good idea to have a main page that gets updated with each leak. I wouldn’t suggest posting links because that probably wouldn’t go over well in a legal sense.

What’s really worth seeking out among this latest batch? Obviously tastes differ, but I imagine there’s some that are better than others. My wife and daughter are visiting my mother in law for a few days so if I ever had some time to catch up, it’s now. Any Personal Management guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- House of Blues Pro Shot is worth watching
- Oh My God and Silkworms kind of are worth looking in to but the quality is low. I think the best version of OMG we have is on the HoB proshot tbh though, the wah guitar on studio sounds really out of place and doesn't have the same effect as the live recording. Silkworms HoB proshot is also better than the studio which is poorly mixed, and I think has certain vocal parts missing ("the what can I do with a bitch like you" part has been replaced with Axl just saying "Absurd" over and over again.
-The remixes are a waste of time imo as is the Ashab stuff
-The general cell phone recording is interesting... but it still sucks because it's just a cellphone recording.

Really the HoB proshot is the best thing. The rest of the stuff makes you wonder why anyone is hoarding it to be honest.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axl S wrote:
faldor wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I think a list of the song titles and date would be sufficient. The actual songs would present legal problems.

I don't remember that many but speaking of fakes, the Axl space alien cover is one of my favorites from the whole saga. I get all sentimental thinking about it.

I’d be in favor of a list of everything that has leaked. I’ve been out of the loop since becoming a father 9 months ago. Drastic life change, as many of you are well aware. I’ve been reading along and trying to keep up with the latest leaks but really haven’t had the time to seek them out. So instead of sifting through page after page, I think it’d be a good idea to have a main page that gets updated with each leak. I wouldn’t suggest posting links because that probably wouldn’t go over well in a legal sense.

What’s really worth seeking out among this latest batch? Obviously tastes differ, but I imagine there’s some that are better than others. My wife and daughter are visiting my mother in law for a few days so if I ever had some time to catch up, it’s now. Any Personal Management guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Oh My God and Silkworms kind of are worth looking in to but the quality is low. I think the best version of OMG we have is on the HoB proshot tbh though, the wah guitar on studio sounds really out of place and doesn't have the same effect as the live recording. Silkworms HoB proshot is also better than the studio which is poorly mixed, and I think has certain vocal parts missing ("the what can I do with a bitch like you" part has been replaced with Axl just saying "Absurd" over and over again.
-The general cell phone recording is interesting... but it still sucks because it's just a cellphone recording.

Really the HoB proshot is the best thing. The rest of the stuff makes you wonder why anyone is hoarding it to be honest.

That’s what I kind of figured. Didn’t sound like anything too new or amazing from this latest batch. Dah well! Thanks for the input though.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I'm about 100 listens in on the shitty "General" recording. I feel like I've been able to discern a  bit more each listen. I can't get that (most likely) Bucket lead out of my head. Its almost reminiscent of soothsayer. To think there are songs like this and "checkmate" that might possibly never see the light of day, is a serious fucking tragedy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Man how do u even listen to that 100 times?! I could barely get thru one listen...i actually listened to half of it then took a break  before finishing...just wayyy too much extraneous noise

It boggles my mind that this actually had or has value

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

My theory is that there’s at least an EP of Buckets N Roses stuff and The General, Sorry, Soul Monster, and the like will all make a nice collection when all is said and done.

I think they’ll all be very Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath. And more uptempo from the sounds of it too.

But yeah, what Neemo said. Also consider some crazies paid big money for it once upon a time. 11

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Man how do u even listen to that 100 times?! I could barely get thru one listen...i actually listened to half of it then took a break  before finishing...just wayyy too much extraneous noise

It boggles my mind that this actually had or has value

The fact that people are trying to gain monetarily from someone else's work is both weak and pathetic.

If you have the time to waste, there is certainly some goodness buried under that crowd chatter. The lead guitar has me shook.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

I'm about 100 listens in on the shitty "General" recording. I feel like I've been able to discern a  bit more each listen. I can't get that (most likely) Bucket lead out of my head. Its almost reminiscent of soothsayer. To think there are songs like this and "checkmate" that might possibly never see the light of day, is a serious fucking tragedy.

Soothsayer was one of the first new songs he played on tour after leaving GNR, so the timing is there. That era was one of his best.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axl S wrote:
faldor wrote:

That’s what I kind of figured. Didn’t sound like anything too new or amazing from this latest batch. Dah well! Thanks for the input though.

Forgot to say that the 2001 mixes of TWAT and Street of Dreams leaked, they're worth checking out as well.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Can I get a look out in the PM box?

Board footer