You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION - Super Deluxe | Discussion Thread

johndivney wrote:

Exactly. I’ve not listened to any of this shit n I have zero inclination to. Even when I do have the precious time I’ve more pressing things to spend it on than this (e.g. posting on here!)
I’ll listen to it someday, maybe.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

@Neemo I have not bought it yet, I heard through Spotify.
There's a record store where I usually buy some things, she's older than me and I like the owner. I want to think I'm helping her keep up, so when she does, I'm going to buy there. Probably the double cd.

Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Pacha wrote:

I've been listening the remastered Appetite...Someone find a big different with the original? To me they sound almost the same...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Pacha wrote:

I've been listening the remastered Appetite...Someone find a big different with the original? To me they sound almost the same...

I’m no audiophile, but I can’t hear a lick of difference on the AFD tracks. Still cool jamming out to it in full. Hadn’t done that in a long time. Halfway through disc 2 now. Different versions of SOYL and You’re Crazy. I’d say it’s worth it if you have the money to burn. Not that I do, but this band hasn’t given us much to spend money on over the past few decades so I’m making up for lost time. I haven’t listened to the “new” songs or watched the BR yet.

Vampiro

Vampiro wrote:

It sounds louder, but thats about all I can sense. dont have the super edition so have no clue how the surround sound blu ray mix sounds. the bonus discs I listened to on spotify sound interesting, nice to hear this stuff more clear.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

the plauge is a fantastic 54 second song. i wish they worked on it more. seems like new work tune is what eventually turned into cornshucker.

lewdworm

lewdworm wrote:
Pacha wrote:

Based on this, it looks like the Rick Rubin'ed it and compressed the shit out of it.
WTTJ.jpg

If anything the hi-hat seems really reverby now, it actually felt a bit painful to hear it with headphones when I first sat down.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

It sounds less dynamic than the original digital/CD. Maybe less reverb in the bass drum and snare drum? Not sure, only gave it a lsiten on Spotify yesterday. It's okay, more suited to the regular crappy headphone gear that most of people use.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

Fair enough. I listened to the Spotify in the highest quality possible (which is 320kbps Ogg Vorbis high-quality streaming), but I used a bluetooth headset (Sony MDR-XB950N1). I'll try the losless version with a wired in-ear headphone later.

Board footer