You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Re: APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION - Super Deluxe | Discussion Thread

Pacha wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Pacha wrote:

What do you think about The plague and New work tune???

Crap.

Yeah, I'm disappointed as well

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

seriously, what the hell did you guys expect? those were some leftovers that didn't make it to albums and never didn't even make it to any bootleg compilations, there was a reason for that.

Pacha

Pacha wrote:
zombux wrote:

seriously, what the hell did you guys expect? those were some leftovers that didn't make it to albums and never didn't even make it to any bootleg compilations, there was a reason for that.

Rationally, sure that you are right. But sadly that's what we have left to the GNR fans, listen "new" music from 30 years ago

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Aftet listening thru the 2 disk version im curious about disk 3 sound city album

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
zombux wrote:

I expected nothing of those. I was not surprised. They didn't make it to the album because they are crap.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

went to a brazillian steakhouse the other day and dropped way too much money. went home and immediately canceled my preorder for the super deluxe edition.

one of the better decisions i've made in 2018.

that said, i've really been enjoying this on spotify. the "re-mastered" afd tracks sound great, but they always sounded great. i mean, this wasn't really an album in need of a re-mastering.

standouts so far:

- mama kin sound city '86
- heartbreak hotel sound city '86
- move to the city acoustic
- november rain acoustic (AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN)
- whole lotta rosie live

new work tune was pretty cool. sounds like they were up all night drinking and listening to zeppelin 3 and then went to the studio. the plague is very forgettable.

i'll probably grab the blu ray and vinyl on ebay after the dust settles.

ZeroMortals7

ZeroMortals7 wrote:

I'd rather have the complete If The World remix instead of 80's leftovers. At least the If The World remix is new Guns N' Roses music. At least it's not from 30 years ago.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Been listening to the super deluxe version through Amazon music. Really no need to buy it. I'll prob buy physical of just the remastered album itself though. I dig it for what it is. Shit I've heard before in better quality.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
ZeroMortals7 wrote:

I'd rather have the complete If The World remix instead of 80's leftovers. At least the If The World remix is new Guns N' Roses music. At least it's not from 30 years ago.

same.

i'm just coming to terms with the fact that releasing new music is at the absolute bottom of my favorite band's priority list.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
ZeroMortals7 wrote:

I dunno, a remix of a song that was released in 2008, and probably created back in 1999, doesn’t really constitute “new” to me either.

Board footer