You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: What unreleased Guns N' Roses song title intrigues you the most?

esoterica wrote:

It could've been a domestic tie-in for Mr. Nice Guy which ultimately came out in North America in 1998.

The safer bet is on Rush Hour being a big budget movie and a big LA production even if the production schedule doesn't exactly line up.

What unreleased Guns N' Roses song intrigues you the most?

Atlas Shrugged 28%
The General 44%
Seven 0%
Soul Monster (Leave Me Alone) 4%
Jackie Chan (Checkmate) 8%
Berlin (Oklahoma) 0%
Down By The Ocean 8%
Thyme 0%
Zodiac 8%
Quick Song 0%
Ides of March 0%
Total votes: 25
Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

"Duff: We're in [the studio], writing new songs...
Stern: And Axl's into it?
Duff: Yeah, totally. And, actually, today I was going to have to fly back right after this. We were going to start recording for this Jackie Chan movie, the next one." (Duff, Howard Stern Show, 07/25/96)

Wonder which film, exactly. The next one could be one of three, including Rush Hour (1998).

Guess it's one of those "seeds of songs", those three songs Axl wanted Slash to play on.

But yeah, it was created during those late summer '96 jams in The Complex, with Paul Tobias.

Thanks for that, that quote is totally new to me. It does make sense now. I still don't think the title is Jackie Chan, but I can totally see why would they call it that way.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I'm a bit surprised at the results I'm seeing. The lions share are on Atlas and The General.

I suppose that two sequels, spiritual and literal, to much loved GNR classics would be attractive proposition but then again, these are slower tempo songs.

I'm all in on the Beltrami stuff. I dig his work, love the epic pieces on CD, and think there are a couple rockers in there too.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I'm a bit surprised at the results I'm seeing. The lions share are on Atlas and The General.

I suppose that two sequels, spiritual and literal, to much loved GNR classics would be attractive proposition but then again, these are slower tempo songs.

I'm all in on the Beltrami stuff. I dig his work, love the epic pieces on CD, and think there are a couple rockers in there too.

seven is a really interesting one. it's a shame we'll probably never hear it, especially considered it was a-listed at one point.

beltrami wrote the guitar part and also did the orchestration. he called it his favorite of the bunch.

according the supposed leaked album art, seven was original the 11th song on the album.

Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Pacha wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

seven is a really interesting one. it's a shame we'll probably never hear it, especially considered it was a-listed at one point.

beltrami wrote the guitar part and also did the orchestration. he called it his favorite of the bunch.

according the supposed leaked album art, seven was original the 11th song on the album.

It would be great to hear something more that Beltrami did. Orchesta arregments on Chinese are beautiful.

I hope to listen The General sometime, so much talk about that song

ZeroMortals7

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
Pacha wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

It would be great to hear something more that Beltrami did. Orchesta arregments on Chinese are beautiful.

I hope to listen The General sometime, so much talk about that song

The General is what I want to listen to based on the party recording.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

what's the damn point of this topic? judge songs by their names, when we have no clue what the music actually is? really?

ZeroMortals7

ZeroMortals7 wrote:

My vote was for The General. Feels damn good to express my right to vote.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I vote for Farts In The Ass. that one sounds like it might include very heavy horns and trumpets in the bridge and vocals blowing everything away.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
zombux wrote:

what's the damn point?

A question for the ages.

Board footer