You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 280 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

Aussie wrote:

The Bill Price one definitely looks the same. However, it’s an Ampex case with a TDK DAT inside which obviously isn’t right. Sadly it looks like someone kept the real DAT and substituted another one in there.

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

imsorry wrote:

11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11

dalethirsty
 Rep: 14 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

dalethirsty wrote:

is there any information out there about an early recording of you could be mine?

i can't even imagine how amazing a version with adler would sound.

i'm sure they had an '86 version, and likely also recorded it a few years later during the mates rehearsals... but that's pure speculation.

zombux
 Rep: 33 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

zombux wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

is there any information out there about an early recording of you could be mine?

i can't even imagine how amazing a version with adler would sound.

i'm sure they had an '86 version, and likely also recorded it a few years later during the mates rehearsals... but that's pure speculation.

it was supposed to have been played during some session or rehearsal in 86-87 but no recording exists.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 4 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

ClaudeF wrote:

zombux, this is exceptionally great work. Immensely helpful. I'll be spending quite a bit of time going over this item by item. it's also a great reminder of the kinds of treats we may be in for, if a UYI box set is released. Thanks a lot!

I had no idea the two Ashba tracks ("Mi Amour," "Ballad of Death") had leaked. Has anyone found them online? I looked, without success.

zombux
 Rep: 33 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

zombux wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

zombux, this is exceptionally great work. Immensely helpful. I'll be spending quite a bit of time going over this item by item. it's also a great reminder of the kinds of treats we may be in for, if a UYI box set is released. Thanks a lot!

I had no idea the two Ashba tracks ("Mi Amour," "Ballad of Death") had leaked. Has anyone found them online? I looked, without success.

in my opinion, there's not much left for UYI to be included in some kind of box set. AFD era had MASSIVE amount of recorded demos, various takes... UYI had nothing like this - the tracks were mostly recorded in one take, with only various small tidbits added later. and INSANE amount of DAT tapes existed later during the mixing process. I don't think the boxset would be interesting, if it included X various mixes of the very same take of most tracks.
the Ashba tracks are quite common, you might for example find them in your PM smile

ClaudeF
 Rep: 4 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

ClaudeF wrote:
zombux wrote:

in my opinion, there's not much left for UYI to be included in some kind of box set. AFD era had MASSIVE amount of recorded demos, various takes... UYI had nothing like this - the tracks were mostly recorded in one take, with only various small tidbits added later. and INSANE amount of DAT tapes existed later during the mixing process. I don't think the boxset would be interesting, if it included X various mixes of the very same take of most tracks.

Wow. It says a lot about how prepared they were to record the album.

That being the case, maybe what we should hope for is a Rockband game release of UYI, with multitracks of each person's contribution.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

AndreCC wrote:
zombux wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

zombux, this is exceptionally great work. Immensely helpful. I'll be spending quite a bit of time going over this item by item. it's also a great reminder of the kinds of treats we may be in for, if a UYI box set is released. Thanks a lot!

I had no idea the two Ashba tracks ("Mi Amour," "Ballad of Death") had leaked. Has anyone found them online? I looked, without success.

in my opinion, there's not much left for UYI to be included in some kind of box set. AFD era had MASSIVE amount of recorded demos, various takes... UYI had nothing like this - the tracks were mostly recorded in one take, with only various small tidbits added later. and INSANE amount of DAT tapes existed later during the mixing process. I don't think the boxset would be interesting, if it included X various mixes of the very same take of most tracks.
the Ashba tracks are quite common, you might for example find them in your PM smile

Quoting Slash "There is recordings of all the songs without the piano parts and with a more raw feel".

Then there's Just another Sunday, Ain't Going Down with vocals, Crash Diet. There might be a demo or two that are unheard like New Work Tune or The Plague but from that era. There's a never before released song "Central Park" that can be re-done just like "Shadow of Your Love".

Then there's unseen footage documentaries, tons of shows pro shot, there's the Don't Cry, Estranged documentaries that they can add in on the box. There's the QSound and Rough Mixes, they can add a couple of worthless crap like on this as well, such as photos of band members and t-shirts with the album covers. Probably they will include that "Dead!" Picture of the booklet.

I think there's a lot of material that they can use for a boxset! And the album itself it's a double disc, sold in separately, so they can just include both albums on the box together, plus the demos from Spaghetti, and Spaghetti remastered, as they did with Lies.

zombux
 Rep: 33 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

zombux wrote:
AndreCC wrote:

There's the QSound and Rough Mixes

as I said above, there's much similar stuff like that. but there's no point of including such stuff. not even the "hardcorest" fans won't masturbate over 10 mixes of the very same take of the very same song, while each mix is like "here's 10% louder guitar", "in this one there's a bit more drums", etc. that's just laughable.

ZeroMortals7
 Rep: 0 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

ZeroMortals7 wrote:

The current AFD remasters have at least 10 different takes of the same songs and demos. Takes that have been on social media websites for years. Currently this effort is on the Billboard top 10 of top 200 albums

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB