You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ZeroMortals7
 Rep: 0 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

ZeroMortals7 wrote:

A promise was made. A promise everybody will have all leaks. Up to this day we don't have all leaks.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If we don’t have it then it isn’t really a leak is it.

ZeroMortals7

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

If we don’t have it then it isn’t really a leak is it.

I've heard rumors on other sites there's those who have unreleased leaks. But certain "attitudes" and "agendas" are preventing these tracks from being shared to you and me.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

We call them hoarders.

They are a strange people, who cling on to rare things they have come to possess. They themselves feel special because of the attention their prizes bring.

Alas, someone else made those things and the hoarders have only the possession itself to hold on to. They think sharing those things devalues their person.

That's why some paintings are so expensive; some rich saps need an ego boost. Unreleased Guns songs fill a similar void.

Feeling big because they have other people's art under lock and key. Too bad. roll

ZeroMortals7

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

We call them hoarders.

They are a strange people, who cling on to rare things they have come to possess. They themselves feel special because of the attention their prizes bring.

Alas, someone else made those things and the hoarders have only the possession itself to hold on to. They think sharing those things devalues their person.

That's why some paintings are so expensive; some rich saps need an ego boost. Unreleased Guns songs fill a similar void.

Feeling big because they have other people's art under lock and key. Too bad. roll

Pretty sad. One unreleased track I know is an Atlas Shrugged demo with Brian May. Somebody has it. Oklahoma. The General. People have these. The Brain remixes including the sixth remix "Sorry." I've heard Melissa recorded a studio version of Sorry and remixed it herself. Like DJ Ashba recording Ballad of Death and Mi Amor. A few examples of what isn't being shared.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

We call them hoarders.

They hoard them because they hold value and can be traded amongst each other for other tracks they don't have. Not to feel important.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The songs that are out there have been out there for a good decade now.

The trade value thing would have merit except no one cares about CD material save a minute cluster of GNR fans.

It's to feel important or an illicit means to make money.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I woke up with "Going Down" playing in my head. Not for the first time, either!

If we get another album, I hope this song is included. It deserves to be heard, and like Izzy or Duff on vocals, the fact it has Tommy singing lead makes GNR feel more like a band, not just Axl's prohject - even if it is 90% his project.

If any leak deserves an official release, it's this one!

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

God I love the 2001 The Blues. Has anyone managed to overlay the Rock Band multitracks to fix the piano intro/remaster the vocals and Finck's guitar solo? I had a crack at it, but couldn't line them up accurately enough so I ended up with echo effects...

Intersting, the tempo may be different - remember how the song was faster in 2000.

But what is wrong with Fincks solo? If anything, I would try to put the outro solo in the mix (I would even use this Fortus take in Pittsburgh 2002 which I still prefer over the album version):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usvMG5UTDxM

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I hadn't heard that performance in awhile, sounds great.

I love the high distortion and drum sounds there.

Board footer