You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: LEAKS THREAD

imsorry wrote:

we got these tracks cuz a deal went wrong and the guy got pissed and leak those tracks otherwise we wouldnt get shit.

imsorry wrote:

the videos for example there is 2 HOB 10gb versions 4:3 and cropped version like we got also San Juan there is a 1.3gb version and the rehearsal ... probably the other tracks mentioned exist atlas/prostitute and of course jackie chan and the mtv 2002 rehearsal

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Yeah I just don't see anymore leaks happening in July let alone maybe this year.

An actual new song hasn't been leaked when all this stuff started to happen.

So whoever has tracks, my bet is they'll be holding on to them.

You raise some really interesting points. It makes me think our old friend MSL is behind these leaks.

The guy is an athlete. He engineered the release of "Chicken Dinner" ("Shackler's Revenge") during the 2008 summer Olympics. This time, we got leaks during the 2018 World Cup. I don't think that is just a coincidence.

As you say, what will be telling is if we get an entirely new leak - something we haven't heard, or maybe even never heard of - some time leading up to the 10th anniversary of the release of Chinese Democracy. If so, that could suggest that we have a second benefactor working on behalf of all the fans. If not, we can just tip our hats in the general direction of whatever wrestling ring in which Mister is engaged in combat! 5

I never believed that story.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

I never believed that story.

That MSL helped to leak "Shackler's"? Given his track record before and since, I don't doubt him. He certainly hadn't been shy about what he had NOT leaked.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/53-Appet … -29596995/

interesting shit on the appetite for distortion podcast. gives you the whole scoop on this entire crazy ass saga over the past few months.

also to note, the rick dude on the show has the general and sent it to the host of the podcast.

bunch of info about it:

- same ballpark as sorry
- very droney/industrial
- wasn't a very hard song
- heavy sound
- axl sings the first part in a clean voice
- this voice represents the person being abused
- he also sings about abusing the child in an evil raspy voice

they also say the general cell phone recording is faked! it was all a recreation from memory of hearing the cell phone recording. the fake manipulated a bunch of axl vocals in the clip.

this whole thing is unreal.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I still haven't listened to the whole House of Blues leak.

I guess I listened to the pocket recording so many times I sort of lost my nerve for it. It does sound quite good though.

If a new full song ever leaks, then you can consider it a red letter day.

I dig the old versions and demos from CD but cell phone recordings and uhh fake forensic reconstructions or something?

We're getting beyond the pale here.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

i hope axl gets bored on a plane ride and gives this podcast a listen. russ from mygnr cuts a great promo about how this whole wacky hoarder situation only exists because of axl's refuses to release new music. if a new song dropped tomorrow, not a single whisper would be heard about the damn vma rehearsals, which apparently currently have a price tag of 10k. 14

also, there was no mention of a buckethead solo on the general. sad

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Orange haired angst has paid off well, now he's bored and old.

I think he doesn't care anymore but I'd love if the other material were released.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Orange haired angst has paid off well, now he's bored and old.

axl92

Indeed! smile

That podcast put my brain through the wringer. After all of the drama of trades going awry, to find out somebody re-created "The General" using individual syllables of Axl's voice to construct new words was astonishing.

One thing has become apparent to me after all these years of ChiDem leaks and especially the 2001-vintage ones: Axl's vocals, for the most part, were recorded early, so we're not likely to hear many alternate performances from him. We've seen the "I know you know you know better" bridge eliminated from "Better," and different vocal finales to "Chinese Democracy" and "Street of Dreams," but there do not seem to be any "Don't Cry (1)"/"Don't Cry (2)" scenarios, where he's tried radically different interpretations of the same song.

I'd held out the possibility that he might have done otherwise but this really does seem to be the case.

The podcast also suggests elevendayempire is right and the leaks could dry up for a while simply because of the bad feelings between all those involved. We went just a few years between The Spaghetti Incident and "Oh My God" but we're now approaching a full decade after the release of Chinese Democracy without a new officially released Axl Rose recording. That's actually saddening.

At this point my greatest hope is to see the HOB 2001 performance.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

ClaudeF wrote:

At this point my greatest hope is to see the HOB 2001 performance.

I thought that leaked already? Or is that 2001 proshot a different gig?

Board footer