You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

They really ought to release a mini-EP with the current band doing studio versions of Slither, Better, Chinese Democracy, This I Love and, oh I dunno, one of the covers. Fuck it, The Seeker, why not?

I'd buy it - but if they do that can we use Axl's vocals from the TIL remix please!!!!

Well, some of it – it's pretty clear that it was recorded to go alongside that hip-hop beat, so there are a couple of places where it wouldn't really work with the original orchestral version. And he does slightly overdo the "I'm going to put the emphasis on a different word just for the sake of it" thing. But yes, they could easily mix elements of the two vocals together to give us something new.

But this would be the easiest thing in the world for the band to put together – all the vocals are there already (apart from Slither and the cover, and I'm pretty sure Axl could drag himself into the studio to belt out one vocal). The other members of the band could literally phone their parts in – or just book a day in a studio while they're touring. The orchestral stuff for TIL is already there.

Call it "A Lifetime's Work" or something.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Slither's definitely sounding better:

Agree. Axl finally singing with some balls on the versus anyway. Slash kills it on that song.

The whole performance definitely sounds tighter.

I’m not a major fan of Axls vocal selection on this song. The final chorus after the solo is just begging for that powerful rasp when the vocal kicks back in but he always sings it deeper.

elevendayempire

A Private Eye wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Slither's definitely sounding better:

Agree. Axl finally singing with some balls on the versus anyway. Slash kills it on that song.

I’m not a major fan of Axls vocal selection on this song. The final chorus after the solo is just begging for that powerful rasp when the vocal kicks back in but he always sings it deeper.

By way of comparison, here's Chester Bennington singing (most of) Slither:

He's got a similar vocal range to Axl, and I think he delivers a performance that's closer to the original track while still taking advantage of that range.

PS: if there's video of the full performance of that, I'd love to hear it.

Edit: here's Corey Taylor:

And here's Ed Roland:

Franky Perez:

Myles:

And Scott himself:

Let's be honest, no one does it quite like the man himself, do they?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

By way of comparison, here's Chester Bennington singing (most of) Slither:

He's got a similar vocal range to Axl, and I think he delivers a performance that's closer to the original track while still taking advantage of that range.

PS: if there's video of the full performance of that, I'd love to hear it.

Edit: here's Corey Taylor:

And here's Ed Roland:

Franky Perez:

Myles:

And Scott himself:

Let's be honest, no one does it quite like the man himself, do they?

Thanks for Sharing. Chester was maybe the best. Corey and Franky were decent. Myles was Myles. Not bad. Not awesome. Roland I thought had some cool parts, but lacked range which is why Myles sang it with him.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

How can you guys compare vocals based on shitty cell phone recordings that are passed on through YouTube's compression? tongue
16 16 16
axl

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

In my day, we didn't have your fancy MP3 players, we had Walkmans. And that's the way it was. And we liked it. Weeeeee loved it.

In my day, people went crazy over a cell phone recording of what sounded like Axl singing into a tin can during a hurricane. And we liked it. Weeeee loved it.

I'm old and I'm not happy.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

what a killer fuckin' performance of shadow of your love!

ZeroMortals7
 Rep: 0 

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

what a killer fuckin' performance of shadow of your love!

The best performance ever. Slash never sounded better.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

I was there, the performance was awesome. Axl voice was better than perfect - WOW.  It was 3 and half hour od phenomenal show.

elevendayempire

Wonder if we can infer from this that Move to the City is going on the setlist? Since these lyric videos are usually "the graphics created for the tour plus some lyrics slapped on top of it".

Board footer