You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

zombux wrote:

I haven't included edits, they are again still the very same take as the album tracks, it would only result in too much scattered info. I only included notes about edits in meaningful situations, like KOHD edits (DOT vs UYI2 vs UYI).
for the same reasons I only included meaningful single releases (like the one that included some demo or distinct version), not every single release existing.
yeah, the SoD promo is legit, also there is an OMG radio edit (1:35) - it sounds quite bad, it comes from a sampler cassette for End of Days.
offeodsampler.jpg

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Wow, interesting find! I'd never seen that tape before.

I keep watching for a cheap censored copy of the "End of Days" soundtrack to show up on eBay, as I want to buy it and see if they bleeped "Oh My God."

Thanks for confirming that "Street of Dreams" is official. It certainly sounded like it. Very professionally done.

zombux

zombux wrote:

OK, table updated. I attempted to include the newly discovered DAT tapes and Rough Mix CDs information from UYI and 2000 era.

I'm still not sure what to do with the AFD sessions mixes, I will probably have to rework the section in the same way as I did the UYI section and splice all the available dates and mixes into the chronology.

"live" excel/Gsheets file is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Zombux, the new additions are in the gray sections, correct?

Have the DATs been shared online?

zombux

zombux wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Zombux, the new additions are in the gray sections, correct?

Have the DATs been shared online?

yes. I hope to update the sheet later today, or tomorrow, I need some time and focus for that.
some of the DATs have been shared long ago (like the Ruffs with new Slash guitar, or Mixes with Q-Sound), some are unreleased but photos surfaced either publicly (for example here - actually in this topic, but the uploaded pics are not online anymore... damn, I miss them and already asked Aussie for reupload), or in private groups I am, or were sent to me privately by my friends. nothing of what I put into the sheet is pulled out of thin air, everything is based on some evidence, and if it's some guess or estimate, it's also noted there (at least I hope I didn't forget to note that everywhere).

zombux

zombux wrote:

sheet updated. your opinions are welcome smile

zombux

zombux wrote:

sheet updated as much as possible. I couldn't be bothered to include the latest SoG clip, but the rest should be quite accurate.
as always - ANY ideas are welcome! in the future I'll probably add some more info into recording sessions for better context (band members, producers, etc).

zombux wrote:
otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
zombux wrote:

sheet updated as much as possible. I couldn't be bothered to include the latest SoG clip, but the rest should be quite accurate.
as always - ANY ideas are welcome! in the future I'll probably add some more info into recording sessions for better context (band members, producers, etc).

zombux wrote:

Hey! Nice work, as always!

Since the volume of information is increasing - and probably going to increase even more in the future - I'd recommend to split the file into tabs, one for each 3 to 5 years period, to help speed up browsing and discovery.

Something like 85 - 88 | 89 - 92 | 93 - 96 | 97 - 00 | 01 - 04 | 05 - 08 | 09 - 12 | 13 - 16 etc

zombux

zombux wrote:
otto wrote:

Since the volume of information is increasing - and probably going to increase even more in the future - I'd recommend to split the file into tabs, one for each 3 to 5 years period, to help speed up browsing and discovery.

Something like 85 - 88 | 89 - 92 | 93 - 96 | 97 - 00 | 01 - 04 | 05 - 08 | 09 - 12 | 13 - 16 etc

thanks, I'll think about it! the problem is, this might fragment the sheet a bit too much and it might become a bit confused. MAYBE I might just split it into pre-AFD, AFD, UYI, and ChiDem parts.
(the sheet was primarily made for my own use and I never intended to share it publicly, it was only used as my source which I'd then copy&paste into forums - but later I decided it would be no harm to share the sheet itself too smile )

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
zombux wrote:
otto wrote:

thanks, I'll think about it! the problem is, this might fragment the sheet a bit too much and it might become a bit confused. MAYBE I might just split it into pre-AFD, AFD, UYI, and ChiDem parts.
(the sheet was primarily made for my own use and I never intended to share it publicly, it was only used as my source which I'd then copy&paste into forums - but later I decided it would be no harm to share the sheet itself too smile )

yeah! but it's a great source!!
pre-AFD, AFD, UYI, and ChiDem sounds great!

Board footer