You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

zombux wrote:

well... the timing is weird, because that Jaguares song was released on an album in 2008 already. so 2010 is way too off.

Also I'm pretty sure that the jam the guys played before Madagascar was just... Madagascar. It's the same chord sequence.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

A decade ago, the above clip and song probably would've garnered a bit more discussion.

Sad times.

Yeah, jeez from a wrestler who swindled the leaks, to a Mexican band who mysteriously may have a ripoff of one, the whole things been a ride.

There's alot of fuzziness to this one tho. Is the OP saying the song IS Madagascar, or is he saying it IS The General. To me it doesn't sound "note for note" of Maddy, but maybe i'm not being openminded enough. Per wiki it says the album came out Sept 2008, but Maddy was out well before then, VMA's in fact, and the March 08 leak I think. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45_(Jaguares_album)

Also some deeper research it seems Jaguares was on EMI Latino, until UMG bought them out in 2012. Could be mixing up some dates, or maybe they were working closely at that point. Dunno, not sure there's any there there tho.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
zombux wrote:

well... the timing is weird, because that Jaguares song was released on an album in 2008 already. so 2010 is way too off.

Also I'm pretty sure that the jam the guys played before Madagascar was just... Madagascar. It's the same chord sequence.

You may be right. I'm not in a position to take a closer look at the notes, but I would swear though that the slow beat of this pre-Maddy instrumental is a near match to what we call The General. Maddy's tempo is around 20% faster, I think. What is the key here? Maddy is A-minor, If I remember right.

I don't have The G in A lol but I suppose I could be wrong about one or the other. It wouldn't be the first time.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

I'm not really buying that the jam is The General, tbh. Or that this random Mexican band supposedly ripped the song off.

But hey, cool if it's true.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

The jam played in 2010 was just Madagascar notes. The guy heard Ron's tone and thought it sounded the same. Hard to buy this tho if he worked in a record label with a professional musicians.

elevendayempire

Voodoochild wrote:

The jam played in 2010 was just Madagascar notes. The guy heard Ron's tone and thought it sounded the same. Hard to buy this tho if he worked in a record label with a professional musicians.

I remember thinking when they did that jam back in 2010, "Hmm, it'd be cool to do a remix version of Madagascar that uses those guitar lines."

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

I remember thinking when they did that jam back in 2010, "Hmm, it'd be cool to do a remix version of Madagascar that uses those guitar lines."

Nope.

Just a bunch of random movie samples and computer noises.

Linkin Park / APC / Bjork / Depeche Mode laid down the templates too.

Shame.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I know I'm double posting but I sincerely hope this copyright strike fuckery brings the leaks out of the woodwork.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I know I'm double posting but I sincerely hope this copyright strike fuckery brings the leaks out of the woodwork.

there's nothing much left to leak. some rehearsals and that's probably it.

elevendayempire

zombux wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

there's nothing much left to leak. some rehearsals and that's probably it.

Well, we know Jackie Chan is out there somewhere in the ether, since there's a clip of it. I think that's basically the only new thing left, isn't it?

Board footer