You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

esoterica wrote:

Anything else on the disc?

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
CubanSkies wrote:

The versions that leaked in the last years are from 2001 (Maddy, SOD, TWAT). They all source from the same CD. It was a CD given to MSL from a former Inter-scope employee as a gift in 2015.

Does this mean they were in lossless quality (rather than mp3s) at one point?

Also, looking at Zombux's list of studio sessions, I remembered that the original leak of "Shackler's Revenge" had a slightly different opening section and close. They almost sounded like loops - kind of choppy. Were those confirmed to have been done by the leaker(s) to alter the song, or was that something the band created?

imsorry wrote:

Still doesnt mean shit if Fat Troll got it from a cd im pretty sure them  arent from the same producer.
Wanker is that you again?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Also, looking at Zombux's list of studio sessions, I remembered that the original leak of "Shackler's Revenge" had a slightly different opening section and close. They almost sounded like loops - kind of choppy. Were those confirmed to have been done by the leaker(s) to alter the song, or was that something the band created?

it's never been confirmed if those were genuine or leaker-made.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
zombux wrote:

it's never been confirmed if those were genuine or leaker-made.

Thanks for that! It certainly was jolting to buy the album and think, "'Shackler's' sounds different!"

zombux

zombux wrote:

Mendez here seems like that one is legit http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/217072- … nt=4306991
other guy told me he wasn't really sure. so take it as it is smile

CubanSkies
 Rep: 0 

CubanSkies wrote:

The CD contained m4a's. I think they already leaked. The CD contained nothing more as far as I know. I heard that the owner of the CD had one or two more demos.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

Zombux, thanks for the link - that is an EXCELLENT analysis. The guy sounds like a guitarist considering his explanation of pedals and effects. I'm going to have to re-read that.

One thing I hadn't realized, that Mendez points out, is this: "Side note, the version of Chinese Democracy album that was used in 2009 for the Rock Band DLC has different mixes than are on the album. On Better, Bumblefoot is included during the bridge (and the mix is completely fucked in my opinion) on the last chorus, some overdubs are omitted. CD only has BBF during the verse, no other guitar parts and it has louder electronic oarts on tthr outro. Sorry doesnt have Robin's acoustic guitar. Robins rhythm guitar after the solo on Street of Dreams seems to be dradtically lowered on the mix (and it seems that the guitars on the outro are mixed differently). Madagascar only has Buckethead and Robin Finck on rhythm guitars (Bumblefoot), but this time they are loud, so you can actually hear what they are doing outside of the lead parts. If The World has some electronic parts omitted."

I'm going to have to go back and listen to the Rock Band and album versions side by side!

zombux

zombux wrote:

I was looking for that Rock Band DLC - it was actually a DLC for RB4. Shackler wasn't there because he was already included in RB2.
but they took the files down a couple of years later so I'm not sure if somebody grabbed it before it went off.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The leaker put that in there.

What I never got an answer on was where they got that logo / cover artwork.

Board footer