You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

ClaudeF wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm only interested in this because seeing Buckethead play in a different mask does not happen often.

this!

cool to see how much of an anti-fuck axl gives in this. he was probably forced to rehearse and spent the whole time pouting, half-assing the songs.

then he got on stage at the actual award show and karma struck.

it's unreal that there's a human being on planet earth who is trying to charge 10k for this dumpster fire.

This entire post needs to be etched onto a gold record and sent into space after Voyager 1 and 2 so other civilizations can experience it as well.

You raise a good point: Until we actually saw this clip, a possibility remained that the footage captured Axl in a really special artistic place. Don't get me wrong, I still want to see it all as a missing link in our understanding of this era of GNR history, but I dread finding out that he spends much of it complaining.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I think you're making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

He's fucking with his in-ear monitor - which was a relatively new thing at the time, and was always bothering him, and they're working on someone else's stage and someone else's setup. This isn't an artistic space. This is a "can I fucking hear myself" and "can anyone fucking hear me" space. Rehearsals and soundchecks aren't artistic spaces.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Most happenings in Gunsland are more or less Rorschach tests for the commenters.

You see what you want to see.

In my case, I see an asshole trying to charge the price of a new car for what amounts to the least interesting, least desirable thing being hoarded.

Are we sure that the Chinese Democracy saga wasn't one big Stanford Milgram Experiment to see how much pain the human animal can withstand?

100percent
 Rep: 0 

100percent wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm only interested in this because seeing Buckethead play in a different mask does not happen often.

this!

cool to see how much of an anti-fuck axl gives in this. he was probably forced to rehearse and spent the whole time pouting, half-assing the songs.

then he got on stage at the actual award show and karma struck.

it's unreal that there's a human being on planet earth who is trying to charge 10k for this dumpster fire.

I don't think you understand how soundchecks work.  It wasn't giving an anti fuck -- When you're going thru the motions with your sound team, a singer, esp a hard rock singer, almost NEVER goes all out on the vocals.  There's no need, just cuz its not a performance, you're just checking levels, and you're almost never warmed up beforehand, so you don't wanna blow your voice out.  Rehearsals for a concert, unless you're trying out a song you just wrote/learned, never take place on stage -- it's just a soundcheck. smile

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I remember a couple of years ago hearing a guy called Vernon Kay (UK tv and radio presenter) talking about GNR around the time the UK reunion shows were announced. He said he it was good the old band was back together blah blah. The interesting bit was he said that years ago he’d been covering the VMA’s and the day before he was in the venue and had watched Axl and new GNR rehearsing because they played the VMA’s the next day. He said it was all very surreal and weird.

Made me laugh how this guy probably has no idea that what he witnessed that day is such a big deal to a select few, who would pay big money just to watch a recording of what he saw.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I mean, the only real appeal of this was the possibility that Axl's vocals were better in the rehearsal than in the final product. They... are not. Weird seeing Fortus there, all those years ago. The man's a trouper.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

Yeah, that was just a soundcheck. But he did fuck up later and should have practiced harder.
I cant understand the appeal. I watched the twitter video once and thats it. I have zero interest on this thing.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

i'd be way more interested in some fresh footage of an axl/dc or big 3 soundtrack.

now that would be worth some money! $19.99 as a bonus feature of a new live guns n' roses blu-ray/dvd. 22

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

This guy didn't half ass rehearsals.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

This guy didn't half ass rehearsals.

[/embed]

They're on different levels of professionalism.

Board footer