You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Steve Perry releasing new album

bigbri wrote:

This will be his first in 24 years. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former … n-october/

Maybe after he gets this out of his system we'll get a proper Journey farewell tour sometime in summer 2020 or so ...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This will be his first in 24 years. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former … n-october/

Maybe after he gets this out of his system we'll get a proper Journey farewell tour sometime in summer 2020 or so ...

[/embed]

Good for him!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

SG, I was just coming here to post the video! Thanks!

It's a harmless first single. Nothing out of this world, but his voice is still great. Of course he can't hit those ridiculous high notes he used to, but the dude is 69 years old.

Imagine Axl at 69.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It's a harmless first single. Nothing out of this world, but his voice is still great. Of course he can't hit those ridiculous high notes he used to, but the dude is 69 years old.

Imagine Axl at 69.

Voice is fine, song is shit. Stephen Tyler can still pull it off.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Imagine Axl at 69.

Voice is fine, song is shit. Stephen Tyler can still pull it off.

Yeah, the song is underwhelming. His voice actually surprised me a bit.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

But I'm just excited to see him back. He wasted too much of his career in solitude, much like Axl did.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Song sucks, I agree his voice is still there. Wouldn't have guessed he'd have been 69, wow. I'd have thought 60 or so. Yeah, Journey should do a farewell reunion. Even bring the new guy on for a song here & there to give Steve a breather, so long as Steve's ok with that. Also agree he wasted too much time in solitude. Should've been back 5-10 years ago.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I’ve listened to it twice in two days and the chorus is stuck in my head. The verses are clunky. But damn that chorus. Must be doing something right. It’s always about the hook.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I’ve listened to it twice in two days and the chorus is stuck in my head. The verses are clunky. But damn that chorus. Must be doing something right. It’s always about the hook.

It's good. It's no 'Bang Bang', but it's good 22 wink

Board footer