You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Steve Perry releasing new album

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I’ve listened to it twice in two days and the chorus is stuck in my head. The verses are clunky. But damn that chorus. Must be doing something right. It’s always about the hook.

It's good. It's no 'Bang Bang', but it's good 22 wink

[/embed]

Danger Danger, cheesy but so talented and underrated. Andy Timmons is a phenomenal guitarist and has released a ton of solo albums, Steve Vai-like stuff. Ted Poley has a great voice for melodic rock and is still releasing good stuff.

Their most recent album, Revolve, is really good, although Timmons is no longer in the band. It came out in 2009 but I didn't discover it until a couple of years ago.

Steve Perry's deluxe album, BTW, is going to have 5 tracks not on the standard, so I guess I'm getting that.

Give Perry credit, he's crushing the marketing and promotional portion of this comeback. Makes GNR look like your neighbor's garage band. His social presence is all over the place. He's done dozens of interviews in the past two days. His website is top-notch, steveperry.com. He's doing it the right way so far. I personally would have announced a small tour and tied an album download to ticket sales, giving him a sales boost and likely making the album appear in the Billboard Top 5.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

GNR connection:

Josh Freese plays on the first single.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
bigbri wrote:

His website is top-notch, steveperry.com.

I checked it out on your recommendation. You're right. And he's got tons of autographed items for really reasonable prices.

The cover art for his new album looks like one of those amazing Roger Dean paintings for Yes or Asia. He's doing it right, and the guy looks like he hasn't aged a bit!

Board footer