You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

Smoking Guns wrote:

Some really promising quotes from Slash! Sounds like he really wants to do it and also says some of his recent riffs in his mind are more Guns riffs as opposed to the riffs he writes with Myles. Says it is 2 different styles.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Some really promising quotes from Slash! Sounds like he really wants to do it and also says some of his recent riffs in his mind are more Guns riffs as opposed to the riffs he writes with Myles. Says it is 2 different styles.

That’s interesting in itself, as much of Slash’s Conspirators work to me sounds like riffs that could work for Guns.

It’s great that he’s got that in mind though. But as always, it’s all up to Axl

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Slash wrote:

“When Guns N’ Roses started doing its thing on the Not In This Lifetime tour, then the kind of writing I was doing was actually more tailored towards Guns, because that was the environment I was in.

With Guns, you have no idea where that’s going to go either, so it’s really hard to focus on one or the other, but I feel like while I’m out with Guns I’m thinking about Guns stuff. When I’m out with Conspirators I’m thinking of Conspirators."

21 9

slash has officially written new riffs for guns n' roses! i am going to go to bed happy tonight.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

dalethirsty wrote:
Slash wrote:

“When Guns N’ Roses started doing its thing on the Not In This Lifetime tour, then the kind of writing I was doing was actually more tailored towards Guns, because that was the environment I was in.

With Guns, you have no idea where that’s going to go either, so it’s really hard to focus on one or the other, but I feel like while I’m out with Guns I’m thinking about Guns stuff. When I’m out with Conspirators I’m thinking of Conspirators."

21 9

slash has officially written new riffs for guns n' roses! i am going to go to bed happy tonight.

More from Slash:

"I mean, I have no prospects. Now that we’ve actually mended fences and gotten back together and done this, we’re going to keep it together. Because all the bullshit we’d had that sort of caused all of the shit back in the nineties, there was a lot of outside influence on that, so now that that’s sort of eliminated we’re just left to our own devices. We get along fucking great.”

“So I think we’re going to go well on into the future.

“I mean, Axl’s got a ton of shit that he recorded already, so we’re going to get in there and just start getting into that thing, and then if we do a record and then do a tour, I could see that cycle going on endlessly.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/axl-rose … ks-2369703

elevendayempire

I think it sounds pretty positive. They've spent the last year finding their feet and confirming that they actually get along, there's an appetite to record new material, Slash has been filing away GN'R riff ideas, Axl has "a ton of shit that he recorded already" and presumably Duff, Fortus et al have ideas to throw into the pot. The album-recording machine hasn't wheezed into life yet, but I'm a lot more confident that it'll happen, now.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

A big question is $.

Axl leased his publishing rights to Sanctuary Group in early 2005. It was a 20-year deal, which will come to an end in 2025. The catch? Uni has since gobbled up Sanctuary.

The BestBuy deal orchestrated by Azoff cleared off the studio bill accumulated while under Geffen/Interscope. That tab ran up to $13M, and was cut off in February 2004.

since at least early 2004 (when Universal’s Geffen Records made clear it wouldn’t underwrite additional production costs for Chinese Democracy) Sanctuary had functioned as Rose’s bank as well, deferring or delaying some commissions for managing him and offering other financial support. According to sources familiar with the situation, Axl’s tab reached well into the seven-figure mark. - src

Whoopsie-daisy. Uni cleared one Axl debt off their books and was given another one.

This begs the question, how would the profits of a new Guns album be divvied between Axl, Slash, Duff and Universal. Money talks in a big way here; we have Izzy to vouch for that.

Food for thought. Uni is hardly a charity organization and Axl wants to get paid, too.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Apex making good points as usual.

We also have to consider whether the deal valued at $19m was worth it from their end. Did the brand perform in line with expectations?

I'd guess the answer to that question is no.

I'd be curious about executive power when it comes to releases. I bring this up because if I'm the record company, the milk-a-thon is just getting started.

We'll release a CD anniversary, a UYI anniversary, a rare takes box set, and then maybe we'll think about polishing up a deal for you, Ax. Take care, now!

elevendayempire

Little bit more from Slash:

“Going to start rehearsing, get back together with the guys from the Conspirators after this long Guns N’ Roses thing, and go out and jam with them for awhile, and then go back out with Guns in November. We’re going to do southeast Asian, Dubai, and South Africa. I think that’s the end at this point of the Not In This Lifetime tour, and then I’ll go out with the Conspirators for a good portion of next year, and hopefully work with the Guns guys as well, and see if we’re going to do something record wise.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/slash- … new-album/

So it'll be late 2019 when (if) anything happens on the recording front.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

AxlIn2020

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So a possible realistic timeline for the band is maybe:

rest of 2018: Slash Tour
2019: Slash tour, end of year Slash records.
2020: Axl records additional vocals, remixes, tinkers, record ready by end of year.
2021: team brazil negotiates with record label
2022: record released, end 2022 tour starts
2023: tour
2024: tour
2025: end tour and break
2026: break
2027: break
2028: farewell tour
2029: farewell tour
2030: Axl retires at 68

Board footer