You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: RIP BURT REYNOLDS :(

misterID wrote:

A good Florida boy. An idol of mine. Could have been a great RB. Could have been the next Brando had he taken himself serious. Dude could rock a mustache and a hair piece like nobodies business. RIP Smokey. sad

young-burt-reynolds-in-tank-top-photo-u1.jpg

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Just heard this...rip

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Ashame, he was great. Career seemed to end after the Boogie Nights comeback, which he was great in, but he was top notch in his day. RIP.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Deliverance was one of the first movies I saw with him. Creepy but fantastic. Loved most of his late-1970s early-1980s stuff. RIP Burt!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

RIP.

You guys should check out Sharky's Machine. It was coined as "Dirty Harry in Atlanta" and still holds up  well. Tarantino's a big fan, too.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Checked into it, looks like its available on Fandango Now on my Roku. $2.99, I'll have to check it out.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Wierd movie. Dirty Harry crossed my mind, a scene looked like one that was used in The Departed. I could see Tarantino being a fan in a way, although i wouldnt say its a must see to QT fans.

Not sure it 'holds up' tho, sorta seemed like a dated movie to me. Worth checking out, odd storyline.

Just curious, howd u see it? Just catch it one night on cable or something

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Burt Reynolds was cool. All of my friends and I used to watch "Smokey and the Bandit" on cable. When I got older, I appreciated "The Longest Yard." Whatever role he played, he seemed like he'd be a ton of fun to hang out with and have as a friend.

He once said that he made a lot of foolish career choices but always had fun. May we all be so lucky!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Wierd movie. Dirty Harry crossed my mind, a scene looked like one that was used in The Departed. I could see Tarantino being a fan in a way, although i wouldnt say its a must see to QT fans.

Not sure it 'holds up' tho, sorta seemed like a dated movie to me. Worth checking out, odd storyline.

Just curious, howd u see it? Just catch it one night on cable or something

This was always on HBO back in the day.

Another film is Tightrope with Clint Eastwood. One of the strangest, fucked up, weirdest movies ever. Can't believe Eastwood made it. It's really, really good.

Board footer